- Explore beautiful mangrove creeks, Ships Graveyard Trail, and search for dolphins by kayak!
- Three hours of fun with a guide who will lead you on an unforgettable adventure
- Easy paced tour with plenty of time for photos and storytelling
- Tours are conducted in stable, comfortable one or two-person kayaks suitable for all levels of fitness and experience
- Life jacket and paddles
- Safe kayaking instruction
Ship's Graveyard & Dolphin Kayak Tour
Kayak through mangrove trees and spot wild dolphins!
Buy as a Gift
WHAT TO EXPECT
This half day Adelaide city-guided kayak tour is up to three hours of fun exploring the Dolphin Sanctuary and Ships Graveyard Maritime Heritage Trail, which is just 30 minutes from the Adelaide CBD. This is one of Adelaide's secret spots and an area of surprising beauty. The sheltered mangrove-lined creeks are home to a fascinating array of marine life, birds, and the Port River Dolphins.
The Ship's Graveyard is a unique feature of the area with spectacular relics from the past, which have been abandoned in the river. Kayaking is the most environmentally sensitive way to explore and interact with the dolphins. When the Port River Dolphins come to play it is a memory you will treasure forever! This activity has been voted one of the top four must do activities in Adelaide!
This tour follows COVID-19 regulations. The equipment is thoroughly cleaned after use. Kayaking is a great way to socially isolate while getting exercise at the same time! This tour is recommended for adults and children over the age of 8 years, although younger children can out and have heaps of fun! If you have never kayaked before, this is the best way to give it a try. We know you'll be eager to do this water activity again!
This tour is conducted most Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays of the year. There is generally one start time each day. The start time is adjusted to get the best tide for exploring the area. When you book this tour, we'll provide more information about starting times. If the day you were hoping for is not advertised, we can help you arrange something!
Ship's Graveyard & Dolphin Kayak Tour
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
2 Adults + 2 Children:
What should I bring?
- Clothing to suit the temperature and weather of the day
- A shady hat and sunscreen
- Shoes/sandals that may get wet(bare feet or thongs are not suitable)
- Insect repellent
- Drink and snack
- A CAMERA/PHONE! The tour can supply a small waterproof container.
Where does the tour start?
The tour meets you at Garden Island Boat Ramp and Reserve, Lot 204 Garden Island Road. This is a public reserve with no office. Look for the Adventure Kayaking SA vehicles, lots of kayaks/SUP's and happy people! The Port Adelaide Visitor Centre, 66 Commercial Road, Port Adelaide will also supply a map if you call in on the way to kayaking; you can also check out what else is happening in The Port and make a day of it!
Are there any extras I can add to my booking?
The following extras can also be added to your booking:
- A quality paddling jacket- wind and waterproof; great for cooler days
- A spray deck- a device to keep you much warmer and drier on cool days
- 1-person kayaks for partners and groups if you prefer to paddle individually
- If you are booking as a pair or group and prefer 1-person kayaks these can be booked as an "extra" during the booking process at a slightly higher fee
- If you are a novice and booking by yourself and would prefer a real easy experience you may be able to paddle with the guide in a 2-person kayak
- Once you have made a booking and it has been confirmed, cancellation charges may apply if you are unable to attend.
- Bookings cancelled outside of the 7 day period before tour departure will receive a full refund.
- Notification must be received at least 7 days prior to tour departure and be given by way of e-mail or phone call.
- Bookings cancelled inside of the 7 day period and before 48 hours before tour departure will receive a credit voucher for the full value of the reservation or a 50% refund.
- Reservations cancelled inside of the 48 hour period before tour departure will attract a 100% cancellation charge.
- No shows, will attract a 100% charge with no refund. Changes to the booking date can be made free from penalty up to 48 hours before the departure of the tour.
- Changes to bookings within 48 hour period will incur a 50% booking transfer fee unless we can fill the vacancy your change has created.
- Cancellation of reservations by the tour due to inclement weather will receive a credit voucher for the full value of the reservation and will be valid for 12 months from the cancellation date or a full refund of the fee received by the tour.
- If your booking was via an agent, the tour will only refund a maximum amount equal to that we have received from the agent; commission paid by Adventure Kayaking SA to agents may be up to 25% of the tour fee.