- Free introductory or certified dive (min 30 minutes)
- Showers & linen
- Snorkelling equipment
- Marine Park Fees
- Freshly prepared delicious meals
- All meals are freshly prepared and so are subject to change based on the availability of produce
- Special Dietary Requirements (eg. Vegetarian, Gluten-Free) - $10 Cash Only
- Additional Dives (Cash Only)
Introductory Dive: $60
Certified Dive: $55
Certified Night Dive: $70
Certified Dive Package (1 Night, 1 Day): $110
Apollo offers a free dive for both introductory and certified divers. Reserve your spot on Apollo now to receive a free dive!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Apollo has won every major race held on the East Coast of Australia including Sydney to Brisbane and Brisbane to Gladstone. Winner of the Kenwood Cup, Around Hawaii Island Race, Cairns New Guinea Race, Hobart to Honiara Race and not forgetting Winner of the 6 gruelling Whitsunday Fun Races consecutively.
Famous as a Sydney to Hobart race winner (The first IOR rated Maxi charter yacht in the Whitsundays), Apollo's great speed allows us to depart from Coral Sea Marina in the heart of the Whitsunday Islands and sail faster to our various locations. After the excitement under sail, you'll have more time to relax at stunning Whitehaven Beach with its 4 miles of white silica sand or at Luncheon Bay or Blue Pearl Bay at Hayman Island. These destinations are the pick of the Whitsundays both for their beauty and their magnificent fringing reefs ideal for the snorkelling and diving enthusiast. This means more time at world-famous destinations for your passengers.
After boarding the vessel on day 1 and being briefed with regards to safety onboard we will motor out of the marina You can join with us in hoisting the sails and heading to Blue Pearl Bay where you can try your hand at our Free Scuba Dive and also snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. On completion of diving/snorkelling activities, we will sail to our next destination – Hook Passage where we will anchor for the evening.
Day 2 commences early with a sail to the World Famous Whitehaven Beach with its 4 miles of white silica sand where you will relax on the beach for 3 hours. During this time you can sunbake, swim or enjoy beach activities and games. After lunch, we then sail to Luncheon Bay for further opportunities to dive and snorkel in another World Famous marine reserve. Before dinner, you have the opportunity to night dive and experience the wonders of the reef at night.
On our final day, we sail to the second most famous, and most photographed, the beach in the Whitsundays – Langford Spit which is adjacent to the 5 Star Resort – Hayman Island. Passengers are again able to dive, snorkel or just relax on the beach at this magnificent location. After lunch, the finale of the trip is a breathtaking sail across the Whitsunday Passage to disembark at Coral Sea Marina.
All Sailing/Diving activities, as well as destinations, are weather dependent and subject to change at the skipper’s discretion.
All passengers MUST check-in a minimum 48 hours before departure to advise any dietary requirements/allergies. If passengers do not check-in, we are unable to cater for special diets. Passengers can check-in via the Check-In page for Apollo located at www.standbytravel.net
No zippered bags:
- No zippered bags (large or small), no large backpacks, and no suitcases will be permitted onboard under any circumstances! Bed Bugs travel in the zippers of bags, therefore, they are not permitted on the boat
- If the above-mentioned bags are bought to the boat, you will be charged a $20 storage fee per item as the items must be stored offsite
- There is no luggage storage available at the marina or on the vessel. Luggage storage is available at Airlie Beach Bag Storage 350 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach next to NAB. Airlie Beach Bag Storage is open 7.00 am - 4.00 pm
- Please use open bags, either soft bags, cloth bags, plastic bags or supermarket environmental bags etc - these are readily obtainable in Airlie Beach
- Passengers must make their own way to the meeting point and be there on time (8 am) to check-in otherwise they may miss their trip
- All passengers must bring their trip tickets/vouchers
- Special dietary requirements (eg: vegetarian, gluten intolerant, lactose intolerant) incur a $10 surcharge payable at check-in - Cash Only EFTPOS IS NOT AVAILABLE
What you need to bring:
- Car Parking is available at Coral Sea Marina
- A wet weather jacket is recommended
- Bring your own alcohol. No glass! No red wine! No bananas! Any glass bottles brought on board will be confiscated and destroyed
- Your own towel, warm clothes for cooler nights, water bottle, snacks, hat, sunscreen, toiletries, underwater camera, i pod, mp3's. Please note charging ports are not available.
- Masks, snorkels, and fins are provided
- Stinger Suits are provided
- Sheets and pillows are provided
- Tap water is available onboard bring your own bottle
- Cash for extra dives on board
- Valuables brought on board will be at your own risk
- Your first dive is free
- Extra dives - day dive - $50 cash only (certs and intros) EFTPOS IS NOT AVAILABLE
- Night dive - $55 cash only (certs only) EFTPOS IS NOT AVAILABLE
- Certified divers must have their card
- Asthmatics, diabetics, epileptics, over 55's or any serious medical conditions will require a recreational dive medical
It is mandatory that stinger suits be worn at all times for protection against marine stingers.
As mentioned above - no zippered bags (large or small), no large backpacks, and no suitcases will be permitted onboard under any circumstances!! If the above-mentioned bags are bought to the boat you will be charged a $20 storage fee per item.