Journey into the heart of Australia's Red Centre on a 5-day adventure from Alice Springs.
5 Day Best of Uluru & Kings Canyon | Intrepid Tour Highlights
Get up to 10% cash back when you book with us
5 Day 4 Night guided adventure to tick off the highlights of Australia's Red Centre
All accommodation: Hotel (3 nights), Resort (1 night)
Meals: 4 breakfasts & 2 dinners
Marvel at the sandstone monolith of Uluru at sunrise & sunset
See incredible vistas of Kata Tjuta on a Walpa Gorge walk
Take a short sightseeing tour of Alice Springs
Experience an Indigenous cultural experience from a First Nations Guide
See awe-inspiring scenery on a Kings Canyon Rim Walk
Discover the outback scenery of Tjoritja-West Macdonnell National Park
Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park entrance fees
Experienced & professional guides to enhance your adventure
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
While travelling on this tour, you'll experience a vast array of wonderful food. Your group leader will be able to suggest restaurants to try during your trip. To give you maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat, only some meals are included in this tour price.
This also gives you more budgeting flexibility. As a rule, groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. If you have dietary requirements and/or food allergies, please let The Operator know at the time of booking or prior to departure.
Vegetarians and vegans are well-catered for in Australia and most restaurants and cafes will have a good selection of vegetarian meals. Gluten and lactose-free diets are also well-catered for.
Good things come in small packages, which is why this tour is limited to a maximum of 15 people. This means the tour is small enough to remain flexible as you thread your way through communities without intimidating the locals.
Due to limited vehicle space and strictly enforced road laws regarding weight limits, your main piece of luggage must be soft-sided and weigh no more than 15kg/33lb. You can also bring a day pack/bag to carry water, camera, sunscreen, etc when you’re exploring during the day.
Temperatures in the Red Centre can be extreme with large variations from season to season. They can rise above 40C/104F in summer and can drop below 0C/32F overnight in winter. Make sure you are well prepared no matter the season!
Below are some essential items for this trip.
- Lightweight clothing. You will need to bring a mixture of lightweight clothing and layers. Long shirts and pants are useful to protect against the harsh Australian sun. Clothes should be easy to wash and dry.
- Comfortable, closed-in shoes. These will help to protect your feet from cuts and scratches when walking through bush/grasslands and will act as a protective barrier in the rare case of a bite or sting. A pair of sandals or thongs/flip-flops are great for the beach.
- Sun protection. A wide-brimmed hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses.
It is also recommended to bring a refillable water bottle and avoid bringing unnecessary valuables.
Other recommended items include:
- A spare pair of shoes that can get wet, along with two lightweight towels.
- A pair of slip-on shoes/sandals that you can carry in your day pack for riding the bus and casual wear.
- A headlamp or torch is recommended around your accommodation at night.
- Sleep sheet. If you are travelling during the hotter months you may wish to pack a sleep sheet so you can be comfortable no matter what the weather.
- Seasonal sleepwear. It may get very chilly overnight in colder months, so ensure you have something appropriate to sleep in that can keep you warm.
- Binoculars for spotting wildlife.
The beauty of this group style of travel is that it caters to travellers who are travelling solo and who want to meet and share experiences with like-minded people.
Rooming is organised on a twin-share basis. Solo travellers will be paired with another traveller of the same gender.
There is also an optional single supplement available on most trips for travellers who prefer to have their own room.
Reviews for 5 Day Best of Uluru & Kings Canyon | Intrepid Tour
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.