- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- Kayak through the magnificent Clyde River Estuary system, home to some of Australia's most successful oyster farmers
- Hear from oyster-experts at The Oyster Shed
- Indulge in some delicious, fresh south coast oysters
- An experienced guide to lead you through the Batemans Marine Park and Clyde River National Park
- All kayaking equipment
- A feel-good factor knowing this is an Ecotourism Experience
Oyster Tasting Kayak Tour - Batemans BayPaddle and taste your way around some of the finest oysters from the purest Australian waters
What to Expect
Get a taste for adventure and delicious, fresh oysters on this unique, kayaking tour through the magnificent Bateman's Bay Clyde River Estuary system.
Home to some of the most successful oyster farmers on the south coast of NSW, this tour begins with a briefing by your expert guide, who will issue you with all the necessary equipment for your adventure.
After a short paddle through the deliciously pure waters, you will make your way to the infamous Oyster Shed on Wray Street.
Located on the banks of the beautiful Clyde River, The Oyster Shed is a "farm gate" for fresh oysters sold direct to the public. Here, you will learn about the local cultivation techniques, the science behind farming, oyster varieties and life as an oyster farmer from The Oyster Shed's Jade, Greg and Enola. Afterwards, be treated to the freshest oysters you can imagine, taken from the river that morning.
Following the tasting and talk, kayak through working oyster farms, between live racks brimming with product, past packing sheds all within easy floating distance of your starting location at the Wray Street Oyster Shed, all part of the Batemans Marine Park and Clyde River National Park before the tour concludes.
Note: By choosing this Ecotourism Experience you are making a conscious decision to reduce impact by promoting sustainable travel that benefits local communities, culture, and heritage and ultimately the environment.
Please meet your guides at the public beach on Wray St, near the Batemans Bay Bridge on the North Shore 10 minutes prior to your tour departure. It is a grassy carpark to the left on the way to Wray St Oyster Shed. There are no bathroom facilities at this location.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sun protection: hat, sunglasses, sunscreen
Drinking water: One bottle per person
Clothes you are happy to get wet (board shorts, t-shirt, activewear)
Any prescription medication
A towel and a change of clothes for after the tour
Shoes suitable for coastal walking (water shoes, sandals, sneakers, thongs are NOT recommended)
We recommend you leave valuables like jewellery and mobile phones behind in your car. If you would like to take your mobile phone in order to take photos, we recommend you carry it in a waterproof phone case. If you don’t have one, you can purchase one at the beginning of your tour. Photos will be taken during your experience which you will receive the following day, free of charge.
The only time a tour would be postponed, cancelled or altered is if the swell and wind are not suitable, if it is storming or a torrential downpour. Rain can lead to a truly magical kayaking experience.
Product is not transferrable within 24 hours of departure date.
Weather - where the tour is cancelled due to weather, alternate routes or date may be sought.
COVID Cancellation Policy
- Any cancellation due to COVID-related government restrictions beyond guest and operator control, received by the supplier more than 14 days prior to tour departure is eligible for a full refund.
- Cancellations within 14 days, the supplier offers a 70% refund, and 30% (or equal to tour deposit) will be issued as a voucher to re-book, with a 3-year validity.
- Flights and travel to each tour start location are not the supplier's responsibility and not covered in this policy, travellers wishing to redeem loss of travel expenses will need to consult their travel insurance policy (recommended) or the transport company (plane, train, bus).
Standard Cancelation Policy (non covid reasons)
- Any cancelations prior to 7 days are eligible for a full refund. If you cancel your tour within 7 days the supplier does not give refunds of your tour or hire departure, you can choose another date, store credit or gift your experience to a friend.
- A full refund will apply to tours cancelled by the supplier due to inclement weather or any safety reason if the tour cannot be rebooked to the customer’s satisfaction.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely