- 1 hour of catch and release barra fishing with tackle, bait, and tuition included, plus access to special viewing tanks
- An educational and fun Barramundi fishing experience for the whole family!
- Learn about the species, perfect your techniques, and land your spoils
- Fish in multi-species ponds stocked with over 1500 barramundi ranging from 50cm to over 1 metre
- Heaps of Barra to catch, including Speckled and Albino Barramundi and Mangrove Jacks
1 Hour Barramundi Fishing Experience
Sink a line and fish for Barramundi with the experts!
WHAT TO EXPECT
This tour offers fishers and non-fishers the chance to lure and land one of Queensland's most prized fish — not only for its fight but also for its delicious eating! This fun and informative experience includes one hour of catch and release barra fishing with all equipment, tackle, bait, and tuition included, plus access to special viewing tanks.
Multi-species ponds are stocked with over 1500 barramundi ranging from 50cm to over 1 metre, but don't be fooled — these fish are wild creatures and are not trained to jump on your hook. Expert fishing guides are on hand to help you perfect your techniques, land your spoils, and learn more about this iconic species. Whether you’re a complete beginner or a total legend, this tour invites you to test and hone your skills and land fish up to and over one metre. You might even make it onto the Brag Board!
These Barramundis are wild creatures and behave exactly like river specimens. The time of day, the position of the moon, weather and any number of other factors affect their desire to chase the lure. So your technique is very important and anglers won’t be disappointed with their fight. The ponds are multi-species and filled with saltwater sourced directly from the Daintree River.
The tour has heaps of Barra including rare Speckled and Albino Barramundi (land one of those yet?), plus monster Mangrove Jacks with a record weighing in at 7.7kg. Kick it off with a one-hour catch and release session – including all equipment, tackle, bait and tuition – and add extra hours if you like. Take your catch home for $14 per kilo, or ask about delicious fresh fillets and recipe cards.
Everything is provided — the tour has a huge range of quality gear, including a specialist selection of lures with everything from hard-bodied minnows to soft plastics, poppers and paddle tails, and a fly-fishing option for expert anglers. The passionate and knowledgeable staff provide guidance and tuition on all equipment. And if you’re sceptical about fishing in a pond, we challenge you to try out some new gear and feel the fight in these magnificent fish. The Hook-a-Barra Fishing Experience lasts for one hour and includes an introduction to Barra Fishing, rod & tackle setup and the assistance of our expert fishing guides around the ponds
There are just two golden rules:
- No personal rods and tackle to be used in the ponds because they create a biosecurity risk to the entire farm
- No treble hooks and use only single, barbless hooks to protect fish from needless injury
This tour is suitable for all ages and abilities, with a range of tackle and a fly-fishing option for expert anglers, and the basics for beginners. Non-fishing guests with general admission have full use of all facilities and access to the viewing tanks. Small children under 5 are free of charge.
1 Hour Barramundi Fishing Experience
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
Child 5-14 years fishing:
Can I bring my own rod?
The tour cannot allow personal rods and tackle to be used in the ponds because they create a bio-security risk to the entire farm.
What type of hooks are used?
The tour does not allow treble hooks and use only single, barbless hooks to protect fish from needless injury.
Can I take my catch home?
Yes, for $14 per kilo.
What if I want to continue fishing after my 1 hour is up?
Extra hours fishing can be purchased on site.
- To protect visitors, there are implemented practices to comply with The Queensland Government's Covid19 Safe Business Restrictions.
- Please ensure that you are in good health when booking as entry will be refused to persons displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19. Should you become unwell before your visit please contact us to reschedule your visit for another day
- If you are late for your fishing session, the tour will do its best to move you to another session or get you started as soon as possible. Please be aware that the Intro to Barra Fishing tuition is subject to guide availability if you arrive outside of the scheduled sessions.
- No refunds for cancellations within 24 hours. If you are feeling unwell and are unable to participate, the operator will rearrange your tour or give you a voucher which is valid for 3 years.
- Guest cancellations prior to 24 hours will be refunded in full minus a 5% administration fee.
- If the tour is forced to cancel your tour for any reason they will provide a 100% refund.
- If you miss your tour and have not contacted in advance, they will be unable to offer a refund, but will re-schedule your session or offer you a gift voucher for future use.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions