- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- 1 hour of catch & release barra fishing with tackle, bait, & tuition included, plus access to special viewing tanks
- Fish in multi-species ponds stocked with over 1500 barramundi, including Speckled & Albino Barramundi &Mangrove Jacks
- Learn about the species, perfect your technique, and land your spoils
- An educational & fun Barramundi fishing experience for the whole family!
- Departs from the meeting point at Lot 3 Vixes Rd, Wonga Beach, QLD
1 Hour Barramundi Fishing ExperienceSink a line and fish for Barramundi with the experts!
What to Expect
This tour offers fishers and non-fishers the chance to lure and land one of Queensland's most prized fish, the Barramundi — not only for its fight but also for its delicious eating! This fun and informative experience includes 1 hr of catch and release barra fishing with all equipment, tackle, bait, and tuition included, plus access to special viewing tanks.
Multi-species ponds are stocked with over 1500 barramundi ranging from 50cm to over 1 metre, but don't be fooled — these fish are wild creatures and are not trained to jump on your hook. Expert fishing guides are on hand to help you perfect your techniques, land your spoils, and learn more about this iconic species. Whether you’re a complete beginner or a total legend, this tour invites you to test and hone your skills and land fish up to and over one metre. You might even make it onto the Brag Board!
These Barramundis are wild creatures and behave exactly like river specimens. The time of day, the position of the moon, weather and any number of other factors affect their desire to chase the lure. So your technique is very important and anglers won’t be disappointed with their fight. The ponds are multi-species and filled with saltwater sourced directly from the Daintree River.
The tour has heaps of Barra including rare Speckled and Albino Barramundi, plus monster Mangrove Jacks with a record weighing in at 7.7kg. Kick it off with a one-hour catch and release session and add extra hours if you like. Take your catch home for $14 per kilo, or ask about delicious fresh fillets and recipe cards.
Everything is provided — the tour has a huge range of quality gear, including a specialist selection of lures with everything from hard-bodied minnows to soft plastics, poppers and paddle tails, and a fly-fishing option for expert anglers. The passionate and knowledgeable staff provide guidance and tuition on all equipment. And if you’re sceptical about fishing in a pond, challenge yourself to try out some new gear and feel the fight in these magnificent fish.
There are just two golden rules:
- No personal rods and tackle to be used in the ponds because they create a biosecurity risk to the entire farm
- No treble hooks and use only single, barbless hooks to protect fish from needless injury
This tour is suitable for all ages and abilities, with a range of tackle and a fly-fishing option for expert anglers, and the basics for beginners. Non-fishing guests with general admission have full use of all facilities and access to the viewing tanks. Small children under 5 are free of charge.
Where we Visit:
Frequently Asked Questions
The tour cannot allow personal rods and tackle to be used in the ponds because they create a bio-security risk to the entire farm.
The tour does not allow treble hooks and use only single, barbless hooks to protect fish from needless injury.
Yes, for $14 per kilo.
Extra hours fishing can be purchased on site.
- To protect visitors, there are implemented practices to comply with The Queensland Government's Covid19 Safe Business Restrictions
- Please ensure that you are in good health when booking as entry will be refused to persons displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19. Should you become unwell before your visit please contact us to reschedule your visit for another day
- If you are late for your fishing session, the tour will do its best to move you to another session or get you started as soon as possible. Please be aware that the Intro to Barra Fishing tuition is subject to guide availability if you arrive outside of the scheduled sessions
- Personal rods & equipment are not permitted for biosecurity reasons
- If your cancellation is less than 24 hours in advance, you will receive a gift card to attend a future session. Gift cards are valid for 3 years
- If your cancellation is at least 24 hours in advance of your fishing session or tour, you will receive a full refund
- If the operator is forced to cancel your tour for any reason they will provide a 100% refund
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely