- Hike the Lamb Range, an hour drive West of Cairns and towering high above the Dinden National Park
- An experienced hiking guide
- Secluded rainforest trail
- Fun 4WD creek crossings
- Scenic views from the summit and unrivalled panoramas
- Explore Davies Creek
- Optional summit rope climb
- Clohesy River Fig Tree Boardwalk
- 1300 metre summit
- A refreshing swim at the end!
- Snacks and fruit to keep your energy high during the hike
Full Day Cairns Hiking Experience
Embark on a secluded hike in the beautiful Lamb Range!
WHAT TO EXPECT
This tour is the only Cairns operator offing guided hiking experiences, so there's not much traffic on this walk! The beautiful Lamb Range is an hour drive West of Cairns and towers high above the Dinden National Park surrounds. Expect an early start! The tour begins while the birds are singing and the early dawn light beams through the open forest.
The track consists of open woodland, giant gum trees, savanna habitat and beautiful iconic Xanthorrhoea grass trees. As you gain height you’ll notice abrupt granite boulders coursing the summit area, providing spectacular scenery. The tour provides guests with snacks and fruit to keep your energy high during the hike. Upon return from the walk, the tour will travel a short distance to Davies Creek for a picnic lunch and a swim!
The trail is a 10-kilometre experience of a lifetime. The Rainforest habitat near the summit with its beautiful Oraniopis palms and Cycads will amaze you! Experience the smells and sounds of the ancient Wet Tropical Rainforest. This hike is classed as ‘Difficult’ and recommended for experienced hikers.
7:00: am: Pickup in Cairns
Heading west, the tour drives up the beautiful scenic Kuranda Range and continue along the Kennedy highway to Dinden National Park. The tour finds shade and prepares for the walk.
8:15 am: Prepare for hike
The tour takes some time to get the gear and bodies ready for the hike. Several alternate hikes are available to suit a range of difficulty levels. The tour offers a 3-hour moderate hike or the popular 6-hour difficult hike. Snacks, muesli bars and fruit will be provided to keep our energy high for the walk.
8:30 am: Begin hiking Lamb Range
The most popular trail is a 10-kilometre experience of a lifetime. The Rainforest habitat with its beautiful Oraniopis palms and Cycads will amaze you! Experience the ancient smells and sounds of a Rainforest that survived the breakup of the Gondwana Supercontinent. There are several peaks to this ridge trail, all offering different views and abundant natural landscape. Lamb Range is classed as a difficult hiking trail. However, difficulty levels can be modified for families!
2:30 pm: Accomplished!
Upon return from the mountain, the tour has a long break to enjoy a picnic lunch and cool off in Davies Creek. Facilities present.
3:30 pm: Depart National Park
After a yummy lunch and refreshing swim, the tour chills out and discusses fun tales of the hike on the way back to Cairns.
5:00 pm: Arrive in Cairns
We’ll drop you back at your accommodation in Cairns at 5:00 pm.
Full Day Cairns Hiking Experience
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
What should I bring?
- Good walking shoes
- Large water bottle
- Day pack for carrying personal items
- Wet weather gear (for expected rainy days)
- Swimming gear, towel and spare clothes
Where does the tour depart?
The tour departs and returns to Cairns and Northern Beaches. This tour includes pick up and drop off at your accommodation.
What is the minimum age for this tour?
This tour is not recommended for children under 14.
- Minimum 2 persons
- You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to book this tour.
- It is your responsibility to look after your property at all times; The tour takes no responsibility for the theft, loss or damage to personal belongings at any time during the duration of your tour. You must ensure you are adequately covered by comprehensive travel insurance in the event of any loss. There is no travel insurance cover included in the price of the ticket.
- The tour reserves the right to change our typical itineraries at any time and at our discretion. As professionals, we will endeavour to avoid this and if this is necessary, we will substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value. (b) We reserve the right to alter our itinerary in the event of happenings outside the control of the tour.
- You must obey the laws of Queensland, Australia whilst travelling on this tours. Your appointed Guide may need to make a decision in the interests of safety. It is a condition of bookings that you comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed representative of the tour. If you do not comply with the said representative and are not compatible with the general enjoyment and well-being of members of the tour, the tour reserves the right to refuse to allow you to continue the tour. In such a case, we will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any additional costs incurred by you. The tour cannot accept liability for the behaviour of others on your tour nor if any facilities are curtailed as a result of their actions.
- It is your responsibility to meet your tour at the arranged pickup point and time. Pick up times are approximate and can vary due to factors outside their control. Wherever possible we will contact you directly or your hotel reception to inform you of any delays/changes. Your obligations and responsibilities.
- You must inform us of any medical condition that requires attention or medication before your tour commences.
- During your tour, your tour guide may take photographs and video of you (as part of a group) while you are a passenger and these may be used in our Group brochures and/or advertising and publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films.
- The Australian way of life is one of enjoying life, relishing and respecting other people's company. The tour asks you to come to with a positive frame of mind, ready to enjoy your adventure with us. At all times, you must show courtesy and respect to your driver/guide and more importantly the other Tour members. Failure to do so may result in you being asked to leave the tour at the management's discretion.
- Cancellation of your booking must be made by phone or by email.
- You are entitled to a full refund only if a minimum of 24 hours notice is given before the scheduled departure.
- If you choose to cancel within 24 hours before the start of your tour, no refunds will be granted.
- There will be times when the influence of mother nature (adverse weather) on a program or activity means we need to amend or cancel the program. It is a decision purely based on safety and overall enjoyment of an activity. When the tour cancels a trip we will refund any money paid in full.
- You can choose to change your tour departure to another date (subject to availability). Permission to do this up to 24 hours before departure is subject to availability and is entirely at the discretion of the tour.
- If the reason for your cancellation is covered under your insurance policy, you may be able to make a claim under that policy.
- In the case of a private group booking or a private bus hire we would require 1 week (7 days) notice of cancellation. Where 7 days to 24 hours notice is given, a 25% fee may be charged at the discretion of the tour. No refund will be given for bookings cancelled within 24 hours.