- Tailored horseback riding experience to match your goals
- Choose between horse riding or animal handling (or both)
- Lessons are designed to identify goals, strengths, and weaknesses, and build confidence in each individual
- Option for a half-hour lesson
- Recommended for beginners
- Option for a one hour lesson
- A more in depth session tailored to the rider's ability, confidence level, and goals. Suited for those wanting to work on a specific issue with their own horse.
- Due to COVID19, the tour does not have food available for purchase however bottled water and soft drinks are available to purchase, guests are welcome to BYO drinks and snacks
WHAT TO EXPECT
This tour tailors their horseback riding or animal handling experiences to match your goals. You can choose whether they want a horse riding and/ or animal handling experience or lesson (or both).
The tour provides private and group half-hour and 1-hour horse riding lessons and experiences for beginners through to advanced riders. Lessons are designed to identify goals, strengths, and weaknesses, and to build confidence in each individual. Additional lessons will be tailored according to your ability and goals. You are welcome to ride a horse that will be matched to your skill level, or bring your own horse.
You'll be trained by Tom Curtain or one of his team members. Tom has over 30 years' experience in training horses and has started over 2,000 horses in numerous disciplines including campdrafting, showing, eventing, racing, and pacing. Tom has won numerous campdrafts and challenges including the 2013 Ultimate Colt Starting Championship. Anyone who has seen Tom work with horses or dogs will know he has an affinity with animals. He has spent years studying their body language and behaviour. Tom has a particular passion for teaching kids and adults to ride. He knows the impact animals can have on mental health and wellbeing as well as building confidence and independence.
Not only are these lessons/ experiences educational, but they are great for fitness, leisure, and building confidence. It is proven that animals can help alleviate stress, anxiety, depression, and feelings of loneliness and social isolation. Animals may very well be the medicine we all need to get us through the current times.