- Return transfers from selected Sunshine Coast accommodation
- All transportation
- Free time to explore Montville Village
- Stunning Views of the Glass House Mountains
- Cellar Door Wine Tasting
- Sample a selection of Local & International Cheese
- Sample of Handmade Belgian Chocolate
- Additional wine or food purchases
What to Expect
Explore the best of the Sunshine Coast hinterland on this Scenic Food & Wine Tour that includes tastings at some of the region's best artisan producers, plus a delicious lunch.
Your day starts with collection from your coastal accommodation. Then the first stop is Mary Cairncross in Maleny, on the aptly named Mountain View Road. It looks east off the Blackall Range towards the coast where you will enjoy the gorgeous views of the National Heritage-Listed Glass House Mountains.
The next stop is Maleny a picture-postcard dairy country town. Located 436 m above sea level on the southern edge of the Blackall Range Maleny attracts painters, craftspeople and potters. Enjoy a true cheese experience at Maleny Food Co while you sample the finest Australian and international cheeses made by artisan cheesemakers. You will be provided with a cheese tasting board which would include a selection of cheese plus condiments to include quince jam, baby pickles figs, muscatels on the vine, dried fruit and crusty sourdough. Afterwards, there's free time to explore the town at your leisure.
Wine goes well with cheese, which is why the next stop is The Barrel at Clouds Vineyard. Here you’ll smell and taste local wines whilst identifying the different aromas while learning the different grapes grown in the region.
Let everything digest at the next stop — Gerrard's Lookout. It's one of two scenic stops on the itinerary. High on the hill, this lookout offers coastline views to Coolum, Maroochydore, Caloundra and Bribie Island.
Depending on availability, your gourmet lunch will be at either Secrets on the Lake which is set in the rainforest on the side of Lake Baroon near Montville, or The Edge Café Bar and Restaurant in Montville which is perched on the edge of the escarpment & offers panoramic views of the Sunshine coastline. Regardless of the lunch venue, you’ll enjoy a delicious 2-course meal included in the tour.
When you arrive at the hinterland village of Montville and following a chocolate tasting, you can spend your free time checking out the delightful shops and boutiques, enjoying this picture-postcard village and its fresh mountain air. Chocolate Country has been specialising in making and serving handmade chocolate to locals and visitors alike since 1993. Here you will experience a luxury handmade sampler box (one per couple) of four chocolates which you can take with you to enjoy in your accommodation.
By now, it’s late afternoon and you’ve bought yourself a couple of bottles of local wine to take home, so it’s time to head back down to sea level where you will arrive back to your accommodation in time for a rest before dinner.
Where we visit:
- Glass House Mountains Lookout
- Maleny Food Co
- The Barrel at Clouds Vineyard
- Gerrard’s Lookout
- Secrets on the Lake or The Edge Restaurant
- Montville Village
- Chocolate Country
Frequently Asked Questions
We suggest you bring a small bag with the following:
- A bottle of water
- An item of warm clothing (winter months)
- A hat and sunglasses
- A rain jacket or umbrella
- Spare cash
Our tours are not weather dependent. All tours will depart regardless of rain or other weather conditions unless we are aware of conditions/forecasts that would make it unsafe.
Yes, for day tours we pick up from Beachside accommodations between Mooloolaba and Noosa. If you are staying in an AirB&B or with family and friends, please check if a door-to-door pick-up is possible before booking.
You must add special comments when booking if you require special dietary requirements. Every effort will be made to accommodate your request, however, we are unable to offer a guarantee on behalf of the partners we work with. We will inform you in advance if a specific dietary request is not available.
Generally, no, our tour van is not equipped to store wheelchairs due to limited storage space. Strollers are permitted onboard the minibus. Please enquire before booking for clarification on a particular tour.
Our touring vehicles have minimal storage space, any more than a small day pack is undesirable. Large bags, prams & strollers cannot be stored onboard. If you need to bring along any more than this, please be sure to let us know at the time of booking, as it may be necessary to purchase an extra seat to accommodate your luggage.
State legislation prohibits alcohol to be consumed in any of our licenced vehicles at any time. There is to be no open alcohol brought on the bus.
- Please wait outside the hotel 10 minutes prior to pick up time
- All passengers are to wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles
- All tours will depart regardless of rain or other weather conditions unless we are aware of conditions/forecasts that would make it unsafe
- No luggage can be bought on day tours. Large backpacks and suitcases will be refused at departure due to space restrictions on board
- The operator is not responsible for the behaviour and safety of children when not accompanied by a parent or guardian. Drivers are responsible for the safe operation of the vehicle as their primary focus
- Food & Beverages (excluding water) are not to be consumed on any vehicle without prior approval from the driver
- 0% cancellation fee applies for bookings cancelled more than 24 hours before departure
- 50% cancellation fee applies for bookings cancelled within 24 hours before departure
- 100% cancellation fee applies for no-shows
- Alexandra Headlands / Maroochydore / Cotton Tree
- Noosaville / Tewantin
- Peregian Beach / Sunshine Beach
- Twin Waters / Marcoola / Coolum Beach
Reviews for Sunshine Coast Scenic Food & Wine Tour with Lunch
Get Instant Confirmation