- Transfers to and from Sofia Airport (on first/last tour date only)
- English-speaking mountain guide
- Chair lift tickets
5-Day Hike Of Rila Mountains BulgariaTake part in a trekking adventure of Bulgaria’s largest national park!
- Extra food and drink
- Mountain maps
- Medical insurance
What to Expect
Rila is like a chunk of the Alps set upon the Balkans. Delight in an amazing adventure in Bulgaria’s largest national park. Among the numerous jagged summits rising to over 2700m/8900ft stands the Balkans’ highest peak Musala (2925m/9596ft). Rila, an old Slav word meaning Water Mountain, looks like a stormy sea of mountain crests and summits traversed by deep gorges amid which huddle over 180 glacier lakes, the Seven Rila Lakes being just the best known of them.
Day 1 - Arrival
The tour meets you at Sofia Airport and takes you to the village of Govedartsi, where you have four overnight stays.
Day 2 - Seven Rila Lakes
Today, we tour the famous Cirque of the Seven Rila Lakes. A shady path takes you through an enchanted spruce forest to the alpine part of the mountain where the Lakes are located. In good weather, the views from the highest part of the route to the Lakes are impressive. (6-7hrs of walking, climbing 750m/2500ft and descending 1000 m/3300ft)
Day 3 - Strashno Ezero
The Malyovishka River valley is the starting point for our climb to the Strashno Ezero (The Scary) Lake or else to the summit of Malyovitsa (depending on group fitness). Either trek is particularly beautiful and picturesque, opening up unexpected surprises from the alpine area of the Rila. (6-7hrs hours of walking, climbing and descending through 900m/3000ft)
Day 4 - Musala
Today’s adventure is dominated by Musala, the Balkans’ highest peak at 2925m/9596ft. The entire route passes Cirques, lakes, and mountain shelter huts, with the rocky face of Musala in view the whole time. Once there, the view over a sea of jagged ridges, peaks, and valleys is truly something you will never forget. (6hrs of walking, climbing and descending through 750m/2500ft)
Transfer from Govedartsi to Sofia Airport.
Hiking time: hiking time only is mentioned on each day (not including stops for pictures, picnics, breaks, etc.); these are based on an average hiker’s speed of 4-5km/hr on flat terrain, additional 30min for each 300m elevation gain, and a backpack weighing not more than 10-15% of your body weight. Still, this varies a lot on the terrain and hiking experience of each client.
Notes: all hiking treks are tailored in terms of difficulty to each individual group; overall, the terrain means they are rather arduous. The itinerary offers opportunities for extensions involving additional overnight stays at Govedartsi or Sofia to allow day trips to the Rila Monastery, Plovdiv, Koprivshtitsa, the Rozhen Monastery, Melnik, or elsewhere.
Accommodation: three-star and family hotels; en-suite rooms; breakfast and supper.
- Traventuria Ltd. shall not be held liable in cases of “force majeure” circumstances, herewith described as events which we or our subcontractors cannot predict or avoid, such as terrorist activity, strike, war or threat of war, riot, civil strike, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire, road accidents, traffic jams, vehicle breakdown, etc. Traventuria Ltd. will act and do whatever is possible to the best of its abilities in order to minimize the impact on the clients’ journey in such cases.
- Claims for missed flights, only partially or totally unused other services as a result of such circumstances will not be acknowledged in such cases.
- All cancellations should be made in writing to Traventuria Ltd. on our corporate email: email@example.com
- Cancellations advised verbally to a company staff (i.e. drivers, tour guides, resort representatives) or in writing to other email addresses will not be considered as valid
- The following cancellation charges (as a percentage of the total cost, but not less than the deposit) apply for cancellations made by clients for services in Bulgaria, booked through Traventuria Ltd.:
- > 30 days – 30%
- 29 – 15 days – 50%
- 14 – 9 days – 70%
- 8 days or less – 100%
- The following cancellation charges (as a percentage of the total cost, but not less than the deposit) apply for cancellations made by clients for services outside Bulgaria, booked through Traventuria Ltd.:
- > 41 days – 30%
- 40 days or less – 100%.
- For bookings, where a flight ticket is included, the clients should pay the charges levied by the airline concerned
- If a ground service provided by Traventuria Ltd. is omitted by a client (e.g. transfer, tour, etc.) due to last-minute illness, flight cancellation, etc. this is considered “no-show” and no refund will be made
- The same rule applies if a client decides to leave the holiday before its end. We will issue all the required documents, verifying the cancellation, which you can use for your insurance company
Reviews for 5-Day Hike Of Rila Mountains Bulgaria
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely