- Experience real adventure sailing on a maxi yacht named Broomstick
- Spend a whole day at Whitehaven Beach, visit Hill Inlet lookout, and South Whitehaven lookout
- Visit up to 6 snorkelling locations, all part of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park
- Snorkel the outer reef (weather permitting)
- Enjoy multiple bush-walks and hikes with lookouts and stunning views
- Get involved in the sailing!
- Enjoy delicious meals made by the crew
- Optional Island resort stop for lunch, drinks, and use of facilities
- Extra comforts like rain & sun shades, hot showers, USB charging stations, thicker snorkel/swimming suits in the cooler months
- Experienced and fun crew
- Daily breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon snacks, dinner & dessert
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & suit)
- Comfy bed, pillow, bed linen & towel
- All Marine Park fees
- Alcohol (Bring Your Own, no glass or red wine)
WHAT TO EXPECT
The experienced crew of Broomstick Whitsundays will take you on a thrilling adventure throughout the tropical islands, visiting the most popular destinations. Join 19 other like-minded passengers as you participate in activities such as snorkelling, bushwalking and, of course, sailing! Broomstick features 22 metres of deck space for socialising, relaxing, and sunbathing. Enjoy the sailing and hands-on experience, stopping at coral reefs for snorkelling experiences. You'll also visit the world-famous Hill Inlet lookout and Whitehaven Beach for stuning views and spectacular photo opportunities.
This 4 day, 3 night sailing tour can also include an afternoon Island Resort stop and (if the weather allows) a visit to the outer reef where you can snorkel amongst untouched reef and marine life in some of the clearest and pristine water in the world. When you are not socialising, soaking in the sun-rays, or speed sailing, relax in the shade and admire the natural surroundings as you zip around the Whitsunday Islands.
There is no set itinerary for this 4 day, 3 night sailing tour. Each trip is planned according to weather conditions, tides, and the group's desires. Below is a list of what the tour may offer and where they may go. Not to worry — your exciting agenda includes you stepping foot on the magical Whitehaven Beach on Whitsunday Island, bushwalking to Hill Inlet Lookout, and experiencing the magical underwater world with snorkelling activities.
- Sailing and match-racing between the tour's maxi yachts – can be hands-on or sit back and enjoy the experience!
- Visit up to 6 snorkel sites. The tour chooses the best site and timings based on the weather and tides. Among the reefs are Blue Pearl Bay, Cockatoo Point, Black Island, Langford Reef, Caves Cove, Butterfly Bay, Luncheon Bay, Manta Ray Bay, Mackerel Bay, Peters Bay, Saba Bay, and Cateran Bay.
- Visit and snorkel the pristine outer reef (weather permitting).
- Explore both the North and the South end of Whitehaven Beach, visiting Hill Inlet Lookout & South Whitehaven Lookout.
- Multiple bush-walk locations ranging from 20 minutes to 3 hours including The Cairn, Whitsunday Peak, Border Island, Chance Bay to South Whitehaven, Chalkie’s Lookout, Hill Inlet Lookout, Nara Inlet Trail, Hayman Island Track, Passage Peak, and South Molle Island.
- Island Resort visit for lunch, drinks, and use of facilities (normally Hamilton or Long Island). Lunch & drinks are at an extra cost. (Please note that lunch will still be included on the boat if you choose not to get lunch at the resort.)
- Sunset beach hangs at Langford Island Sand Spit, Scrubhen Beach, or Chalkie’s Beach.
- In the evenings, chill on deck with the crew and your new mates, have a few drinks, stargaze and let the calm water gently rock you to sleep.
The tour can cater to most dietary requirements. Please inform us of any dietary requirements at the time of booking. Please note that this menu can change due to diet requirements, availability of ingredients etc.
- Morning snack: fresh fruit platter
- Lunch: BBQ burgers served with bread rolls, cheese and a selection of salad
- Afternoon snack: sunset platter with cheese, crudités, crackers & dips
- Dinner: roast chicken and stuffing served with creamy mashed potato, steamed vegetables, gravy and stone-baked bread
- Evening: tea, coffee & milo served with chocolate fudge brownie
- Breakfast: a selection of cereals, yoghurt, fruit salad & bread with a selection of spreads, all served with tea & coffee
- Morning snack: tea, coffee & milo served with fresh fruit & muffins
- Lunch: chicken skewers served with a Mediterranean pasta salad, Greek salad and stone-baked bread
- Afternoon snack: cheesy nachos served with salsa, sour cream and sweet chilli
- Dinner: beef burritos. Build your own with tortillas, salad, sour cream, cheese and guacamole
- Evening: tea, coffee & milo with cheesecake
- Breakfast: pancakes, selection of cereals, yoghurt, fruit salad & bread with a selection of spreads, all served with tea & coffee
- Morning snack: tea, coffee & milo served with fresh fruit & lamingtons
- Lunch: bread rolls served with deli ham, cheese, and a selection of salad
- Afternoon snack: oven-roasted cob loaf
- Dinner: fish curry with rice, garden salad and stone-baked bread
- Evening: tea, coffee & milo served with apple pie and custard
- Breakfast: hot breakfast of bacon & scrambled eggs with stone-baked bread served with tea & coffee (selection of cereals and fresh fruit also available)
- Morning snack: tea, coffee & milo served with fresh fruit & banana bread
- Lunch: resort lunch (extra cost) or tuna pasta bake with garden salad and rolls