- Local English speaking guide
- Rialto food market visit
- Food and wine
- Travel advise for your days in Venice
- Traghetto gondola crossing fee
- Items of a personal nature
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Learn Venice through its bars and taverns
- Discover the delicious range of local Cicchetti dishes on this Venice tour
- Experience the buzz of Italian Bacari wine bars Ride a traghetto gondola into the Rialto area
- Sample local wines and fresh Venetian cuisine
- Get a history lesson while sipping wine
Wine + food + spaghetti = Venice personified. Join this best selling Venice tour to dose yourself up on Venetian culture in the form of local food specialties and regional wines. It's the Italian way!
Join us for the perfect Venice evening. Embark on a delicious adventure with this three-hour Venice tour that stops off at Bacari wine bars and samples their famous Cicchetti dishes. Time to get your foodie game faces on with some Venice Cicchetti! You’ll start this Venice food tour from Campo de la Maddalena, a small raised square that has remained the same since medieval times and is famous for its modest houses topped with interesting chimneys.
Call into the old historical inn, a much-loved bar that specializes in Cicchetti, for your first taste of this Venice tapas. The best things to do in Venice often revolve around food. On this Venice tour, you will try some of the city’s famous specialties, from plates of olives to marinated seafood served on wedges of soft polenta. Here, you’ll learn all about the long history of this atmospheric bar from your local guide as you feast on some of its specialties. You’ll continue on this Venice city tour by walking into Strada Nuova and calling into another old historical bar which has been open since the 18th century and is famous for its ‘polpette’, or spicy fried meatballs.
From there, you’ll head to Campo de Santa Sofia and jump on a traghetto to cross Canal Grande into the Rialto area. Traghetti are like gondolas, but they're used as passenger ferries instead — no sitting or singing here — this is how locals get across the canals! Pay a visit to a true local Venice attraction — the local market, before heading to yet another bar in the center of Venice, a hole-in-the-wall place that serves a simple but delicious selection of Cicchetti and great regional Italian wines and proseccos. You’d be mistaken if you thought there weren’t any bars left in Venice to visit, as your local guide will lead you to a couple more stops, just to finish this Cicchetti tour with a bang! The tour then comes to an end on the steps of the Rialto Bridge, where you can head back to one of your new favorite bars, or your local guide will be happy to point you in the direction of your accommodation.
- If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We'll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.