- Return cruise from Cairns to two outer Great Barrier Reef sites
- Indigenous welcome to country and acknowledgement
- Indigenous sea ranges
- Marine biologist presentation
- Glass-bottomed boat coral tours
- Live entertainment
- Use of snorkelling equipment, wetsuits or lycra suits, and personal flotation devices
- Morning tea, buffet lunch including seafood, afternoon tea, coffee and water
- Transfers from accommodation
- Optional activities such as scuba diving and guided snorkel tours
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Great Barrier Reef is one of the natural wonders of the world. Join this full-day cruise from Cairns and spend up to 5 hours on the Outer Great Barrier Reef. You'll visit two premium coral reef locations, where you'll come face to face with amazing marine life and coral gardens. The reefs visited on the day can vary, depending on conditions. However, the reefs that are regularly visited include Milln, Flynn & Thetford Reef in Gunggandji Sea Country and Norman, Saxon & Hastings Reef in Yirrganydji Sea Country. These locations are chosen for their superior water clarity, coral colour, and overall reef health.
You'll also step back into the Great Barrier Reef's Dreamtime with Indigenous sea rangers who recount the Dreamtime stories of the local people. It's the only cultural reef experience that will help you gain a deeper cultural understanding of the diverse ecosystems that make up the Great Barrier Reef. The rangers are passionate about sharing their heritage and knowledge with visitors.
You'll be able to explore this magnificent underwater world, by either getting wet or staying dry if you prefer – there are options for everyone. Enjoy the use of snorkel gear, lycra and wetsuit hire, glass-bottomed boat coral tours and fish feeding led by marine biologists, all included in the tour. Divers can also join introductory or certified dives at an additional cost. Other optional activities include guided snorkel tours, which can also be purchased on the day.
After working up an appetite, enjoy a hot and cold buffet lunch with seafood on board, plus a complimentary morning and afternoon tea. This cruise departs Cairns daily from the Reef Fleet Terminal at 8 am and returns at 4.30 pm.
Where we visit:
- 2 different reef locations
- Milln, Flynn, or Thetford Reef in Gunggandji Sea Country
- Norman, Saxon, or Hastings Reef in Yirrganydji Sea Country