- Access to the Aqua Sub
- Scenic boat ride to Neptune Island
- Free transfer to/from selected accommodation
- Neptune Island Conservation Park
- Light breakfast in the departure lounge, morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea
- Free photos (available to download online after the tour)
WHERE WE VISIT
- Merchandise and alcoholic beverages available on board for purchase.
- Upgrade to diving in the shark cage $175. Payable on board once the shark has been sighted.
- Park Access Fee $39 per person
- Return transfers are $10 per person from selected properties in Port Lincoln
WHAT TO EXPECT
Are you feeling brave? This tour gives you the chance to get up close and personal with Port Lincoln's local Great White's - if you dare! Fun, interesting and pretty damn scary, this is a tour you'll never forget.
It's a unique opportunity to experience the legendary great white shark in its natural habitat and to actually get underwater with them! This shark cage dive is the closest you’ll ever get to a great white, and you can do this in a way you feel comfortable with three different viewing options.
Start the day with a breakfast in the departure lounge (meet here at 6.30am), then head out on the water! Tours are conducted on Neptune Island which is about 70 km south of Port Lincoln. The excitement begins with the trip out to the island, where you'll enjoy beautiful scenery and other wildlife sightings. Keep your eyes out as you cruise through the Thorny Passage, as with a little luck, you might see dolphins and seabirds.
Once you arrive at the island, the action starts! Jump in the cage and enter an underwater world full of excitement. Watch the sharks as they circle you and marvel at the size of these beautiful creatures. A mature female Great White can be up to 6 metres long and weigh almost 2,000 kg! (Most sharks are smaller than this however).
Protecting the sharks’ natural environment is one of Adventure Charter's key priorities, and to make sure this happens, no chum or berley is used to attract the sharks. Instead, there's a more eco-friendly (and way more fun) system. Guides use audio sound vibrations to attract the sharks! This method is omnidirectional, meaning that the sounds travel in all directions underwater.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are all included today, so you'll keep your energy levels up for all the action!
If being in the water right next to the sharks sounds a little too adventurous, there is another option - the Aqua Sub. This gives you the opportunity to see the sharks up close without getting wet. It’s a glass viewing area with 360 degree views which means you’ll be dry and comfortable the whole time.
The tour leaves from the boarding pontoon opposite By The Sea Gallery on the corner of Jubilee Drive and South Quay Blvd. at Port Lincoln Marina (unless otherwise stated).
Make sure to be at the departure gate at 6:30 am.
Transfers are $10 per person (to and from the boarding pontoon) from the following accommodation venues:
- Adventure Backpackers ($25/night 6-bed shared dorm) - 6:00 am
- Navigators Inn - 6:00 am
- Bay 10 - 6:05 am
- Port Lincoln Hotel - 6:10 am
- Grand Tasman Hotel - 6:15 am
- Port Lincoln Cabin Park - 6:20 am
- Port Lincoln Tourist Park - 6:25 am
Return Time: Between 6 – 7pm.
Note: The boat is equipped with toilets on board, change rooms and hot water showers.
Normal Retail Price
Adult (Observer) AUD $350
Child (5-15 yrs) AUD $300
Underwater Upgrade AUD $175 - You DO NOT require an open water diving certificate to participate in the surface cage shark dive