- Local English speaking guide
- Rialto food market visit (morning tour only)
- Food and wine
- Travel advise for your days in Venice Pick-up and drop-off at Cruise Ship Terminal
- Traghetto gondola crossing fee
- Items of a personal nature
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Discover magical Venice with a local by your side
- Drink like a Venetian at some of our favorite and most authentic Bacari wine bars
- Cross the famous canal on a traghetto gondola like the locals do and explore the heart of the city: Rialto Taste flavorsome regional wines and mouth-watering local cuisine
- Get the lowdown on Venice and discover the secrets of the iconic and oh-so-Italian Aperitivo, vino in hand
Join us for a tasty initiation into Venetian culture and discover some of the city's top highlights, alongside a few hidden spots that only the locals know about. Learn the secrets of the Italian Aperitivo, try some of the best wines from the Veneto and taste traditional local dishes on an Italian adventure you'll never forget.
This tour is the perfect introduction to Venice, giving you an overview of the city's unrivaled history and a taster of its world-famous cuisine. Your adventure begins in the Cannaregio neighborhood, one of the few remaining residential areas of Venice, known for being a popular after-work meeting spot for thirsty locals.
We will take a gentle stroll around and chat about its 1,000-year history and your local guide will offer suggestions on other things to see and do during your stay. A ride in a traditional, stand-up traghetto gondola is next as we cross the Grand Canal the way the locals do. Once in Rialto, the food tasting can begin. A briefing on local products at the market (only available in the morning tour) precedes our first stop at a small eatery, owned by a group of young locals with a passion for experimenting with traditional recipes, giving them a modern twist.
Expect dishes such as black ink calamari, polenta with seafood, or seasonal vegetables (served in elaborate dishes). Our second foodie stop is a historic spot that will help you better understand the envy-inducing culture of Bacari in Venice and how to enjoy this experience while you're flying solo around the city. A few secrets and hidden spots near the Rialto are up next, which will demonstrate the importance of moving just one street away from the tourist hordes, to get a little slice of Venice to yourself. The tour will end at the iconic Rialto Bridge, which is surrounded by great restaurants and shops. Your guide will be happy to help you with recommendations for continuing the fun or with directions to help you back to your accommodation.
- Please check your hotel details are correct on the voucher. If your details are not correct, it is very important to please email us to confirm your correct pick-up information using the contact details on the voucher. If you prefer you may also phone the change through to us during business hours.
- There may be a change of itinerary according to opening times of bars and restaurants along the way depending on how crowded they are. However, all the bars you are taken to are of the same standard, so you will not be missing out if the itinerary does change.