- 4 individual half-day tours:
- Uluru Morning Guided Base Walk 10.5km, including breakfast
- Kata Tjuta Sunrise & Valley of the Winds, including breakfast
- Kata Tjuta Sunset, including wine and canapes
- Uluru Sacred Sites & Sunset, including wine and canapes
- 1 full-day tour - Kings Canyon & Outback Panoramas, including breakfast
- Uluru – Kata Tjuta National Park Entry Fee valid for 3 consecutive days
- Return transfers from selected Uluru accommodation
- Experienced Driver Guides
- Comprehensive commentary
- Travel in an air-conditioned coach
Tjina Sightseeing Pass + Kings Canyon
Get an in-depth Red Centre experience with the Tjina Sightseeing Pass with 5 different tours for one great price.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Tjina Sightseeing pass offers great value for money. There are 4 separate half-day tours and 1 full-day tour included, plus Uluru – Kata Tjuta National Park entry for 3 consecutive days, air-conditioned coach travel and expert driver/guides. This means you'll get to witness an unforgettable Uluru sunset, walk the entire base of Uluru and the rim of Kings Canyon, plus discover the domes of Kata Tjuta on the Valley of the Winds Walk and enjoy a spectacular sunrise.
The first half-day experience is the Uluru Morning Guided Base Walk, a 10.5km trip around the base of this world-famous monolith. Your early alarm is rewarded with breakfast, then you'll commence the walk before sunrise. See different tracks and sights, including Kuniya Piti, the Mala Walk, Kantju Gorge, Lungkata Walk, and Mutitjulu Waterhole. Along the way, you'll hear Tjukurpa stories from the local Anangu people, see incredible landscapes, and admire Aboriginal rock paintings.
Another morning adventure is the Kata Tjuta Sunrise & Valley of the Winds. Travel to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), to watch the spectacular sunrise with Uluru in the distance from the western dune viewing area. This incredible formation of rock domes extends six kilometres into the ground and is the remains of erosion that began more than 500 million years ago. Indulge in a light breakfast before heading to the Valley of the Winds lookout. The 2-3 hour walk to Valley of the Winds takes you down into a timeless haven within the domes through trickling creek beds, where you'll marvel at the unique flora and admire the view of the central valley.
At the other end of the day is the Kata Tjuta Sunset tour, a favourite sunset experience in Central Australia. Enjoy a leisurely drive out to the inspiring red-hued sedimentary rock domes of Kata Tjuta (the Olgas). They are thought to have originally been one huge piece of rock, much like Uluru, that has weathered over millions of years to become an intriguing series of individual formations. As evening approaches, each passing minute brings something new as the domes continue to change colour with the setting sun. Indulge in canapes and Australian wine as you gaze in wonderment at this incredible scene.
The final half-day tour included is the Uluru Sacred Sights & Sunset. Visit Uluru - Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre, where there is time to purchase some locally made Aboriginal art and learn more about the Western Desert region. Then, travel in the comfort of your coach around the base of Uluru with your Driver Guide who will provide details on its incredible history. You’ll be fascinated by the Aboriginal stories that go back many thousands of years. Take a short walk to the Mutitjulu Waterhole, admire Aboriginal Rock Art while listening to stories of traditional Anangu life, and hear the Tjukurpa (story) of Kuniya and Liru. Your afternoon concludes with an iconic Uluru sunset, accompanied by nibbles and sparkling wine. As the sun sinks over the western horizon the evening sky brings out the many shades of colour for which Uluru is famous. Don’t forget to take your camera!
Spend a full day discovering the wonder of Kings Canyon. Travel from Ayers Rock resort, stopping for breakfast along the way. On arrival at Kings Canyon, make the rocky climb to the rim of the canyon for marvellous views of Watarrka National Park. Follow the rim of the canyon stopping to look down into the canyon gorge at look-out points. Time permitting, you may choose to descend into the green oasis of the 'Garden of Eden'. The circuit walk takes approximately 3 hours to complete and is rocky and steep in parts. It is recommended for those with a good level of fitness. Alternatively, you may wish to take an easier, shorter walk to explore the boulder-strewn canyon floor.
You'll have 3 consecutive days from the start of your first tour to join the 5 experiences one time each. While this offers the freedom to travel on the day of choice, it is recommended to book as far in advance as possible to avoid disappointment.
Where we visit:
- Uluru (Ayers Rock)
- Kata Tjuta (The Olgas)
- Valley of the Winds
- Kings Canyon
Tjina Sightseeing Pass + Kings Canyon
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
What should I bring?
We suggest you bring enclosed walking shoes, sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen, a water bottle that holds 3 litres, and warm layers in cooler months. You'll also want to bring money for lunch and souvenirs.
Can I travel with children?
We are more than happy to accommodate children; however, some restrictions may apply. There is no minimum age on the day tours, however, we do recommend that people travelling with children consider whether the itinerary is suitable, in particular the activities involved and the duration of the tour, to ensure the comfort of small children. For all tour types children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Are there bathroom facilities on the coach?
On the day tours, the fleet can vary, and mini-coaches are sometimes used to accommodate smaller groups. These mini coaches do not have a restroom or reclining seats. However, regular stops are made so you can access facilities.
Is there onboard Wi-Fi?
We pride ourselves on having the finest fleet of fuel-efficient, fully air-conditioned coaches, with onboard Wi-Fi for our guests’ convenience.
- The operator reserves the right to cancel tours and amend prices, itineraries and days of operation as required. At times it may be necessary to provide alternative transport
- Any personal expenses incurred by a client as a result of any delay, alteration or curtailment of any tour, whether caused by flooding or any other causes are the responsibility of the client
- Refunds are not available for wet weather or changing weather conditions
- Clients are strongly advised to take out travel insurance
- The operator reserves the right to refuse to carry anyone if it is felt the individual cannot cope with the requirements of coach tour travel and who may require services and facilities that the operator\s cannot guarantee will be available
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
Should you wish to cancel your tour, the following cancellation fees will apply.
- Within 48 hours of the departure date – 50% of the tour price
- Within 24 hours of the departure date or no show – 100% of the tour price
Read full supplier's terms & conditions