- The only place in Kyoto where you can experience baking Yatsuhashi
- Bake Yatsuhashi by yourself and bring it home as a souvenir
- Wear a unique Japanese coat called "Happi"
- In addition to the standard Yatsuhashi, you can have 'Yuko' the fresh Yatsuhashi filled with sweet bean jam as a souvenir
Learn to Bake Yatsuhashi at a Japanese Sweet ShopExperience baking Yatsuhashi — a traditional sweet from Kyoto!
What to Expect
If you thought Japan was all ramen and sushi, wait till you try Yatsuhashi! It's a traditional sweet from Kyoto.
On this tour, you'll have the opportunity to bake Yatsuhashi to bring home as a souvenir. It's basically a hard-baked cracker formed into the shape of a Japanese musical instrument. It's made from rice flour and cinnamon and holds a crunchy texture and sweet flavour. The tour will even provide a traditional happi coat called 'obebe' so that you look the part of a professional pastry chef!
The tour will provide the tools, materials, and expertise on how to bake Yatsuhashi. In the end, you'll have 32 pieces of this traditional sweet to take home to your family and friends (or keep to yourself!).
- Yatsuhashi (approx. 10 min. per person)
- Make a label
Things to note
- Meeting point: Izutsuyatsuhashihonpo Kyogoku Ichibangai / 310, Higashi-Daimonji-Cho, Teramachi-Dori Nishiki Sagaru, Nakagyo-Ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto 604-8043
- Take Hankyu Railway and get off at Kawaramachi Station
- Get out from Exit 9 and walk for one minute
- Take Kyoto City Bus and get off at Shijo-Kawaramachi Bus Stop
- Language support: (Written instructions) English, Chinese
- Participation requirements: 10 years old and over
- Free Wi-Fi
This tour's advertised price and net rate does not include the Japanese Consumption Tax.
- 7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
- 3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
- The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
- Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation
- The cancellation fee includes handling charges
Reviews for Learn to Bake Yatsuhashi at a Japanese Sweet Shop
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely