- Lunch and refreshing drinks
- Speedboat transport
- Return ferry ticket to Isla Mujeres
- Tour Guide
- Snorkel equipment mask, snorkel and fins
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Soak up the magnificent marine colours of the Caribbean as you cruise around Isla Mujeres
- Bask in the sun or splash about in the waves of one of the world's most beautiful beaches, Playa Norte
- Swim around the underwater museum and admire its sculptures
- Learn about local sea life and get an understanding of how to protect it
Snorkel your way around marine paradise on this morning boat adventure around dreamy Isla Mujeres. Discover extraordinary sea life, explore the underwater sculpture park, and lounge on one of the world's best beaches. Prepare to be dazzled.
Your underwater adventure begins with a ferry crossing to the stunning Isla Mujeres, eight miles off the Cancun coast. Its name means the Island of Women, referring to the time, long ago, when it was a sanctuary for worshippers of Ixchel, the Mayan goddess of the moon, fertility, and happiness. Your expert local guide will fill you in on the history of this mysterious place. We will start by introducing you to your boat crew for the day and giving you a short but important safety briefing. You'll also be given your snorkeling equipment and will have some time to try it out for size, ensuring that it's a good fit for you. The ferry journey itself provides stunning views across the bay. That brilliant blue Caribbean water will be calling out to you! But don't worry, you won't have to wait too long before jumping in for a refreshing dip.
Your snorkel tour will include three stops that may change, depending on the weather conditions. Most of the time we will start in a shallow area with a weak tide and current, perfect if you're a beginner and need some practice. By the end of the first session, you'll be feeling confident and eager to explore the next snorkel spot. Our second stop is usually Playa Norte, which is often listed as one of the top beaches in the world. Here we'll take a stroll and feel that pure white sand between our toes and we'll get in the water and maybe follow a school of fish. Or you may just fancy chilling on the beach and soaking up some rays, the choice is yours. There will be some free time here to explore it's up to you what you do with it. Around this time, you'll probably be feeling quite peckish, so we'll stop at a local beach restaurant for some tasty local food (including plenty of fresh seafood). Back on the boat, we'll take the short journey to the underwater sculpture museum, our third and final stop, and the cherry on top of this perfect snorkel sundae.
The museum was conceived as a way to protect the coral reef and encourage visitors to move away from it. You will learn about the coral formations and find out more about the British artist responsible for this remarkable submerged art gallery. Your tour ends back near the ferry dock. You can either choose to continue exploring the island for the afternoon (in this case, your guide will give you your return ferry ticket, allowing you to return to the mainland at your leisure) or you can head back to Cancun for a rest (and a cocktail). Before you go, don't forget to ask your expert local guide for more tips on what else to see, do, and try during your stay.
What to bring
Swimsuit, extra clothing, and a towel
- If you are a snorkel novice fear not, this tour is suitable for beginners and includes a full safety briefing and instructions, however, you must be able to swim to participate in all the activities.
- In the unlikely event that this occurs, this tour might be canceled by the authorities due to weather conditions. we will contact you as soon as we possibly can to try to re-arrange