- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Enjoy plenty of time to explore Hahei, Hot Water Beach, and Cathedral Cove
- A magical day walking, hiking, and swimming on a small group tour
- Unbelievable photo opportunities
- Relaxing, scenic drive off the beaten track
- Highly knowledgeable local guide
- Drop off to your accommodation in Auckland CBD or the Sky Tower
Coromandel, Cathedral Cove & Hot Water Beach Tour From AucklandVisit some of New Zealand's most remote locations on this unforgettable tour departing Auckland
What to Expect
Discover the stunning Coromandel Peninsula on this tour from Auckland. The Coromandel Peninsula is renowned for its white-sand beaches, untouched native forests, and breathtaking natural formations. This tour will take you to Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach so that you can spend time exploring this remote part of New Zealand!
Once you arrive at the Coromandel Peninsula from Auckland, the group walks through the forest with a guide. The walk takes you along the coastline with stunning views before arriving at the world-famous Cathedral Cove, a cathedral-like arched cavern. This natural formation was featured in the movie, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Photos won't do it justice!
Once you arrive at the beach, you'll have time to enjoy the water and relax on the sand. Hot Water Beach provides a unique opportunity for you to dig your own shallow thermal pool in the tidal area. Don't worry — it's more of a relaxation opportunity than physical labour! Once you dig a thermal pool, soak in this 60-degree bath on Hot Water Beach.
At the end of the day, the tour continues back to Auckland, stopping along the way for photos of spectacular views and landscapes. This 8 hour tour travels in an air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle. A highly knowledgeable local guide will be on board to answer any questions you may have about the region. No trip to New Zealand’s North Island is complete without a visit to the Coromandel Peninsula!
Frequently Asked Questions
Bring your own swimming gear, towel, and snacks.
Free pick up and drop off from the Sky Tower at 7:15am or other downtown CBD locations (only) by prior arrangement. Tour leaves Auckland at 7:30am (pickups in the preceding 15 minutes-returns approx 4:00pm).
- This tour runs 7 days a week but only when the tides are right, which we is determined day-by-day and 6 to 12 months in advance. In essence, this tour runs 2 weeks out of every 4 when the tides are right.
- The booking is only confirmed when you receive the confirmation from the tour operator
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Tours run in all weather conditions so please wear appropriate clothing
Please note that the bookings for this tour are processed manually so there might be a slight delay in confirmation from the tour operator.
- Cancel within 3 days of tour date: 100% refund
- Cancel 1-3 days of tour date: 50% refund
- Cancel within 24 hours of tour date: No refund
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely