- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- All taxes included
- Admission to Volcanoes National Park, a geological, biological, and cherished cultural landscape
- Delicious picnic lunch at off-shore Coconut Island
- Live tour narration by delightful, knowledgeable driver-guide
- Round-trip transportation is included from convenient locations in Hilo
Where we Visit:
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Halema’uma’u Crater
- Kilauea Visitor Center
- Steam Vents
- Kilauea Iki Overlook
- Chain of Craters Road
- Kealakomo Overlook
- Devastation Trail
- Rainbow Falls
- Akaka Falls
- Hilo Town
What to Expect
Discover the source of Hawaii Island’s creation at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park! Explore cascading waterfalls, craters, and the tsunami-stricken city of Hilo on this comprehensive volcano adventure tour.
Bear witness to the 2018 eruption that drastically altered the island’s landscape. Peer into the depths of Halemaumau Crater which has remarkably doubled in size since the 2018 eruption, viewing it from the safety of Volcano House. Watch steam clouds form as groundwater seeps onto the hot volcanic rock at the famous Steam Vents.
You'll also visit the Kilauea Visitor Center for park updates & educational displays, then enjoy the view from Kilauea Iki Overlook, a smaller pit crater next to the main Kilauea caldera. Take a scenic drive along Chain of Craters Road, sections of which were covered in lava in the 2018 Kilauea eruption. You'll reach the Kealakomo Overlook, with sweeping views of the coast and lava fields.
Enjoy an included picnic lunch at off-shore Coconut Island, which is connected to the mainland by a footbridge. It's a picturesque location in Hilo Bay.
Marvel at not one but two spectacular waterfalls – Rainbow and Akaka Falls. At Rainbow Falls, the water cascades to a pool below as rainbows magically form in the mist. Then the must-see Akara Falls is set in a rainforest filled with bamboo groves, orchids and hanging ferns.
Finally, visit Hilo Town, including Banyan Drive, Richardson’s Black Sand Beach & Liliuokalani Gardens.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please wear comfortable attire and shoes. Many tours traverse uneven walking surfaces, so sturdy, closed-toe shoes are recommended. Bring a light sweater or jacket.
You should bring items that allow you to be comfortable. You should wear sunscreen and bring a camera. Please do not leave anything of value unattended on the coach.
We cannot predict the weather or lava viewing conditions. This volcano tour features change daily. We do not guarantee the sighting of active lava flows. Surface lava may be present but may not be viewable due to environmental conditions or time constraints.
Reviews for Big Island Volcano Adventure Tour - From Hilo
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
- This tour departs only from the Hilo side of the Big Island of Hawaii
- Guests must be at the pickup location 5 minutes before departure time
- Wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes as this tour traverses sharp, uneven lava surfaces
- Fumes (volcanic gasses) are hazardous to everyone's health
- We discourage visitors with heart or breathing problems and infants, young children, and pregnant women are especially at risk and should avoid being in areas where fumes persist
- A full refund is provided if the tour is cancelled more than 24 hours prior to the tour departure time
- If cancelled within 24 hours of tour departure time or if guest no-shows, no refund is provided
- Refund requests are to be received within 30 days of the date of the tour
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation