- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A historical dinner cruise along the Kona coastline
- One complimentary cocktail (Per 21+ Adult)
- Hawaiian inspired cuisine prepared by Chef Jose & Chef Maria
- Appetizers, main course, dessert
- Historical narration
- Live entertainment
Kona Dinner Cruise & Hawaiian History
Enjoy a dinner cruise while learning about Hawaiian culture and history!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Step aboard and journey back in time, when ancient, powerful Kings ruled the rugged and fertile land of the Hawaiian Islands. Cruise 12 miles down the Kona Coast to Captain Cook's monument while a local historian points out over 50 historical sites. Upon arriving in Kealakekua Bay a Hawaiian-style dinner is served. On the way back, listen to live entertainment and watch the beautiful sunset. This 3-hour dinner cruise includes one complimentary cocktail and cash bar thereafter.
The onboard historian will share Hawaiian history, stories, and legends relating to numerous landmarks along 12 miles of the magnificent Kona coastline. The dining experience includes appetizers, locally grown green salad, vegetarian curry, Kiawe mango barbeque ribs, jasmine rice, Kainailu coconut dinner rolls, and lilikoi glazed cheesecake for dessert. The menu is subject to change based on availability.
The cruise is complemented by first-class amenities on board a state-of-the-art, 65-foot catamaran. Enjoy plenty of shade, cushioned seating, flat-screen televisions, a full sound system for live entertainment, and a full-service premium cash bar. The Kanoa II is equipped with three restrooms.
Kona Dinner Cruise & Hawaiian History
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Adult - 2019:
Where does the tour depart?
The tour is on the Big Island of Hawaii and departs from the Kailua Pier in the heart of Kailua Kona on the west side, approximately six miles south of Keahole Kona Airport.
Will I get seasick?
The bigger the boat, the more stable it is. The vessel is 65 feet in length with a 30-foot beam - it's the largest boat of its kind on the Kona Coast. It’s a totally different experience than being on a smaller boat or a raft. If you know you are prone to seasickness, it's recommended you take Bonine or Dramamine the night before and one several hours before your cruise. Please read the directions to see that you are able to take this medication. You are more likely to feel better on the lower deck of the vessel as there is less pitch. The tour also offers complimentary ginger pills and a ginger drink, which is great for motion sickness.
What should I bring?
A light weight jacket and comfortable flat shoes. The tour accepts all major credit cards.
Does the tour provide hotel pickups?
The tour does not provide hotel pick-ups. The vessel departs from downtown Kailua Kona, at the north end of Alii Drive from the Kailua Pier. Taxis, Uber, and Lyft are options for transportation if you’re staying outside of walking distance.
What's on the menu?
Appetizer: Mauna Loa Big Island Macadamia Nuts
Main Course: Organic locally grown Kealaola Farm mixed salad greens, Waimea grape tomatoes, Japanese cucumber, and red onion with house papaya seed vinaigrette dressing.Thai vegetarian coconut curried Hamakua sweet potatoes, carrots and bell peppers. Steamed jasmine rice. Kiawe mango barbecue baby back short ribs served with mango salsa. Locally baked Kainaliu coconut dinner rolls with butter.
Dessert: Graham cracker crust cheesecake, topped with lilikoi glaze. 100% Kona Coffee
Can the tour accommodate dietary requests?
For those requiring special dietary needs, the tour provides gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian requests at no extra charge with 48 hours' notice.
- Please park and check in at the Body Glove Ocean Adventure's Retail Shop, located in the Illima Court Shopping Center at 75-5629 Kuakini Hwy., Kailua Kona, HI, 96740. The boat is one block away.
- No smoking on board the vessel
- Boarding is 30 minutes prior to departure time at the Kailua Pier.
- Gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan meals are available by calling 800-551-8911 a minimum of 48 hours before your adventure.
- Due to occasionally heavy traffic, please allow extra drive time for potential delays.
- The tour has a 48 hour cancellation policy. That means you can cancel your reservation without penalty up to 48 hours before your reservation date. Once inside the 48 hours prior to your tour, if you choose to cancel your reservation, you will still be responsible for payment in full.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews