- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- Explore Boston’s most popular neighborhood with a local guide!
- Take in the history of one of the most influential churches of the American Revolution
- Hear stories from some of the neighborhood’s long-time local merchants
- Walk past some of the most historic locations in Boston’s oldest neighborhood
- Enjoy the flavors and smells of a traditional salumeria, a generations-old bakery, and a family-run pastry shop
- Relax with your local guide, Italian-style, and enjoy one of the best cups of cappuccino or espresso in Boston
Food Tour Of Boston's North End
Discover the local side of Boston’s most popular neighborhood!
- Additional food and drink, souvenirs, and tips/gratuities for your guide.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Your North End experience begins at the lifeblood of Boston, the Boston Harbor. Walk through a scenic waterfront park, with views of the harbor, East Boston, and the historic wharfs lining Atlantic Ave. You’ll make your way to the heart of the North End, with views of some of the most historic sites and properties in the neighborhood, some dating back to the late 1600s and early 1700s.
Delicious food is never far away in the North End. Your guide will introduce you to a small, hidden Italian bakery serving up fresh bread daily. Break bread with your fellow travelers and let the carbs give you the energy to continue your adventure! A proper Italian salumeria is next, and you’ll have a chance to enjoy Italian meats and cheeses at their finest and freshest.
Next, the tour takes in the energy of the North End’s busiest corridor, Hanover Street, where it’s time for a mid-tour break with your guide at a traditional Italian café. Here, if you like, you can purchase and enjoy your choice of a classic cappuccino, espresso, or tea or just take a minute off your feet. As you let the caffeine kick in, your guide goes back in time into North End history. Hear stories about some of the most influential events that happened in Boston, including Paul Revere’s Midnight Ride. We make our way to the Old North Church, where we may get to step inside the hallowed walls.
After church, you’ll dive deeper into the local side of the North End. A taste of pizza awaits at a neighborhood favorite and the stories are endless. The tour caps off the North End food experience with samples of the best of the best Italian pastries along the backstreets of this delicious neighborhood. Hopefully, there will be a chance to meet and chat with the area’s top bakers, if you catch them at a quiet moment. After the tour, you’ll be ready to make a dinner reservation with all of your new local info! Consult with your guide for the best recommendations and they are sure to set you up for an amazing time in Boston.
Pickup: The Aquarium & Station (Outside, in front of the Long Wharf Entrance – Northeast Corner of State St. and Atlantic Ave.) 222 State Street, Boston, MA 02109
Food Tour Of Boston's North End
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Where and when does this tour depart?
Departs at 10:00am and 1:00pm from the Aquarium “T” Station (Outside, in front of the Long Wharf Entrance – Northeast Corner of State St. and Atlantic Ave.) 222 State Street, Boston, MA 02109
Where does the tour return?
A central location in or near Boston’s North End.
Is this a walking tour?
What should I bring?
Comfortable walking shoes, vaccination card, and a government ID.
Closure of sites: In the event of a site closure, the tour will do its best to replace it with a similar alternative.
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above.
Dietary Notes: This tour features visits to establishments that are not always able to cater for vegetarians and other dietary requirements. Discounts are available and your guide can assist you with recommendations on where to purchase alternative diet-friendly food during the tour.
Exclusions — Prices do not include:
- Tips and gratuities — If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers, a tip — though not compulsory — is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many the tour's destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on your tour.
- Items of a personal nature — These may include snacks, meals, and drinks not outlined as an inclusion in the inclusions section of the tour description.
- Baggage and personal insurance — It is highly recommended that each traveller obtain adequate insurance for their travels, including for the Urban Adventure(s) they have booked.
- Local taxes and fees — Unless otherwise stated, the price does not include any local taxes or fees, including foreign departure, security, port charges, park fees, customs, immigration, agricultural, passenger facility charges, or international transportation tax.
Travellers must adhere to the start time set out in the product information on their voucher. We start on time, so please allow enough time to be at the start point before your official start time on your voucher. If you know you are going to be late, please contact us on the phone number on your voucher and we'll do our best to help you catch up. If a traveller hasn't arrived on time and without any contact, the tour will consider the traveller to be a "no show" and the tour will start without them and no refund will be provided. The following start point(s) are outlined in the tour information and on the confirmation voucher:
- Pick-up — If a pick-up is included in the tour, the times the service will be provided are listed in the product information and on the voucher (for example, 8.30 to 9.00am). The traveller should wait in the lobby of their pick-up point during the designated pick-up times.
- Meeting point — If a meeting point is set for the tour, one time will be set as the start time (for example, 8.30am). The traveller should be waiting at the designated start point at the designated start time. It is recommended that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
Cancellations by the traveller: Cancellation fees – Cancellation fees may apply to any cancellations by the traveller of a service provided by The Operator. Unless otherwise specified, the cancellation policy is as follows: Cancellations for set tours and made more than 48 hours prior to travel receive a full refund; Cancellations for set tours made 48 hours or less prior to travel require the traveller to pay for the tour in full, and no refund will be issued. Cancellations for custom itineraries ("Create Your Own") are as follows:
- 60+ days to departure – Full refund
- 59 - 31 days to departure – 50% cancellation fee
- 30 days and under to departure – 100% cancellation fee
Cancellations by The Operator: They may cancel a tour at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability, or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your tour, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or, alternatively, receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking, including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance, or non-refundable flights.
In the case of customers travelling on a Multi-City Explorer Pass, if a tour is cancelled by The Operator, the traveller will receive a refund for the cost of that trip only, and only if the total value of tours booked with the pass at the end of the 30-day period is less than the total price paid for the pass. If a tour is cancelled by The Operator and the value of the bookings with the pass are equal to or greater than the value of the pass, the traveller will receive a 25% discount on a future single tour booking.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- <p>The Aquarium “T” Station (Outside, in front of the Long Wharf Entrance – Northeast Corner of State St. and Atlantic Ave.) 222 State Street, Boston, MA 02109</p> <p>View on <a href="https://www.google.com/maps/place/Aquarium/@42.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews