- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us!
- All taxes included
- Discover Boston’s diverse food scene and its iconic history on a half-day tour with a local guide
- Stroll past some of the most historic locations in Boston’s oldest neighborhood
- Join your local guide for a fun-filled journey on and off Boston’s famous Freedom Trail
- Learn the modern impact of Boston’s most iconic historic sights
- Take in the beauty of the architecture and quaintness of Beacon Hill
- Enjoy a surprise local treat with your guide
- Food samples such as fresh bread, pizza, and pastries!
- Entrance fee to the historic church (or equivalent alternative)
- Additional food and drinks
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
What to Expect
This half-day walking tour provides a comprehensive introduction to Boston! The tour begins at the lifeblood of Boston, the Boston Harbor, with a walk through a scenic waterfront park, with views of the harbor, East Boston, and historic wharfs lining Atlantic Ave. You'll make your way to the heart of the North End, with views of some of the most historic sites and properties in the neighborhood, some dating back to the late 1600s and 1700s.
Tasty food is never far away in the North End. Your guide will introduce you to a small, hidden Italian bakery serving up fresh bread daily. A proper Italian salumeria is next, where you’ll have a chance to enjoy Italian meats and cheeses at their finest and freshest. Take in the energy of the North End’s busiest corridor, Hanover Street, where it’s time for a mid-tour break with your guide at a traditional Italian café. Here, if you like, you can purchase and enjoy your choice of a classic cappuccino, espresso, or tea or just take a minute off your feet.
As you let the caffeine kick in, your guide goes back in time into North End history. Hear stories about some of the most influential events that happened in Boston, including Paul Revere’s Midnight Ride. The tour will make its way to the Old North Church, where you can step inside the hallowed walls. After church, you’ll dive deeper into the local side of the North End. A taste of pizza awaits at a neighborhood favorite and cap off the North End food experience with samples of the best Italian pastries along the back streets of this delicious neighborhood. Hopefully, there will be a chance to meet and chat with the area’s best bakers!
Continue with your guide beyond the North End neighborhood for a leisurely stroll through Boston’s best markets and green spaces. You’ll begin the second part of your journey back at the Aquarium “T” Station where you’ll meet more members of the group. From the Harbor, you’ll continue past the Rose Kennedy Greenway, State Street, and the historic Custom House Tower, the city’s first skyscraper. Then, your guide will lead you toward the famous Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, which boasts stunning views.
Moving into the heart of Downtown Boston, the tour will stop in front of the Old State House and site of the Boston Massacre. Was it really a massacre or maybe just great propaganda for the Revolution? Ask your expert guide about that one! A short trek through Downtown Crossing and past the Old City Hall takes you to one of the most historic places in the United States — King’s Chapel, the first Anglican church in New England. Whenever possible, your guide takes you inside, to see the first church in the US to have a pipe organ. If you’re lucky, you might just get to hear it being played!
On most weekdays (government hours only!) you can see the government at work inside the inspiring, historic, and beautiful Massachusetts State House, designed and built by famous federalist architect Charles Bulfinch in 1798. Outside the State House, take in the views of modern Boston, including the skyscrapers of Downtown, the Financial District, and the tallest building in New England: The John Hancock Tower. The tour continues through Beacon Hill, where you’ll have a chance to take in the quintessential architecture of Boston’s red-brick row houses. Get out your cameras — this neighborhood is one of the most photogenic in the city!
Finally, you’ll arrive at the beautiful Boston Public Garden, one of Boston’s best green spaces, where you’ll see locals walking the dogs, playing with the kids, and enjoying lunch in the shade. Your guide will point you in the right direction and will help with any and all recommendations for great things to do in Boston that evening and beyond.
Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- This tour is environmentally friendly because unlike many of the tour companies in Boston, you walk as opposed to using buses or other vehicles.
- In the morning when you are in the famous North End, all of the food stops are 100% owned and run by locals, ensuring that local people benefit from tourism to their city. So any inclusions on the tour and additional purchases you make will directly benefit the local community.
- You also stop at a couple of world-famous churches, which are as much a part of Boston (and America's) history as you can get. Both the Old North Church and King's Chapel are non-profit organizations that work hard to educate school children and adults on American history and colonial life.
Pickup : The Aquarium & Station (Outside, in front of the Long Wharf Entrance – Northeast Corner of State St. and Atlantic Ave.) 222 State Street, Boston, MA 02109
Frequently Asked Questions
Starting time: 10.00 AM, 1.00 PM from the Aquarium “T” Station (Outside, in front of the Long Wharf Entrance – Northeast Corner of State St. and Atlantic Ave.) 222 State Street, Boston, MA 02109.
Boston Public Garden (or nearby), 4 Charles St., Boston, MA 02116.
Comfortable walking shoes and a government ID.
This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour.
Reviews for Boston North End Food And Walking Tour
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
Additional Information: Entrance to the Massachusetts State House requires a government ID and all guests must pass through metal detectors. The State House is open on weekdays only, we will find alternate sites to visit on weekends.
Closure of sites: In the event of a site closure, the tour will do its best to replace it with a similar alternative.
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge.
Dietary Notes: The tour can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify in advance if you have any dietary requests. You can do so in the ‘Additional information’ box at checkout.
Exclusions — Prices do not include:
- Tips and gratuities — If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers, a tip — though not compulsory — is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many the tour's destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on your tour.
- Items of a personal nature — These may include snacks, meals, and drinks not outlined as an inclusion in the inclusions section of the tour description.
- Baggage and personal insurance — It is highly recommended that each traveller obtain adequate insurance for their travels, including for the Urban Adventure(s) they have booked.
- Local taxes and fees — Unless otherwise stated, the price does not include any local taxes or fees, including foreign departure, security, port charges, park fees, customs, immigration, agricultural, passenger facility charges, or international transportation tax.
Travellers must adhere to the start time set out in the product information on their voucher. We start on time, so please allow enough time to be at the start point before your official start time on your voucher. If you know you are going to be late, please contact us on the phone number on your voucher and we'll do our best to help you catch up. If a traveller hasn't arrived on time and without any contact, the tour will consider the traveller to be a "no show" and the tour will start without them and no refund will be provided. The following start point(s) are outlined in the tour information and on the confirmation voucher:
- Pick-up — If a pick-up is included in the tour, the times the service will be provided are listed in the product information and on the voucher (for example, 8.30 to 9.00am). The traveller should wait in the lobby of their pick-up point during the designated pick-up times.
- Meeting point — If a meeting point is set for the tour, one time will be set as the start time (for example, 8.30am). The traveller should be waiting at the designated start point at the designated start time. It is recommended that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
Cancellations by the traveller: Cancellation fees – Cancellation fees may apply to any cancellations by the traveller of a service provided by The Operator. Unless otherwise specified, the cancellation policy is as follows: Cancellations for set tours and made more than 48 hours prior to travel receive a full refund; Cancellations for set tours made 48 hours or less prior to travel require the traveller to pay for the tour in full, and no refund will be issued. Cancellations for custom itineraries ("Create Your Own") are as follows:
- 60+ days to departure – Full refund
- 59 - 31 days to departure – 50% cancellation fee
- 30 days and under to departure – 100% cancellation fee
Cancellations by The Operator: They may cancel a tour at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability, or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your tour, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or, alternatively, receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking, including but not limited to visas, travel insurance, or non-refundable flights.
In the case of customers travelling on a Multi-City Explorer Pass, if a tour is cancelled by The Operator, the traveller will receive a refund for the cost of that trip only, and only if the total value of tours booked with the pass at the end of the 30-day period is less than the total price paid for the pass. If a tour is cancelled by The Operator and the value of the bookings with the pass are equal to or greater than the value of the pass, the traveller will receive a 25% discount on a future single tour booking.
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
- <p>The Aquarium “T” Station (Outside, in front of the Long Wharf Entrance – Northeast Corner of State St. and Atlantic Ave.) 222 State Street, Boston, MA 02109</p><p>View on <a href="https://www.google.com/maps/place/Aquarium/@42.
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation