- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- Enjoy a four-course meal at Gaylord’s Restaurant at Kilohana
- Self-drive and return transport options available
- Delight in a unique menu featuring meats, fish and produce
- Fresh flower lei greeting and champagne toast
- Live Hawaiian music entertainment
- Complimentary drinks before the show
- Fire ball twirlers and traditional fire knife dancing
The Plantation Owners Evening - Luau KalamakuExperience a true taste of Kauai with a specialised dinner and delight in a unique menu featuring produce from from Kilohana Plantation’s agricultural park
What to Expect
Looking for an authentic and delicious Hawaiian experience?
Join in a decadent dining experience as the Kauai skies darken and performers take the stage to tell the amazing story of the epic voyage between Hawaii and Tahiti along one of the longest sea roads of Polynesia.
Through these ancient voyagers’ laughter, fear, seduction and fire, a new legacy is created, born from the cherished seeds of their ancestors, culminating with a fantastic fire dream featuring fire poi balls and traditional fire knife dancing.
Commencing with a traditional Hawaiian greeting and champagne welcome, guests will then indulge in a four-course menu at Gaylord's Restaurant at Kilohana.
Under the direction of Chef de Cuisine, this unique menu featuring meats, fish and produce, including fruits and vegetables from Kilohana Plantation’s 60-acre orchard and agricultural park.
What's on the menu?
Choice of: Shrimp and scallop springrolls (butter lettuce cups, sweet chili papaya dipping sauce) or Pacific blue crab cake (Kalani farms field greens, roasted beet vinaigrette, sweet and spicy citrus aioli drizzle)
Choice of: Island caprese (vine ripe tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella, avocado, mango, basil, Tahitian vanilla-infused balsamic vinegar) or local field green salad (cherry tomatoes, marinated and grilled portobello mushrooms, goat cheese, toasted pine nuts, basil dressing)
Choice of: Sesame seed seared fresh catch (ginger, scallion, sushi rice, tempura avocado, lomi lomi tomatoes, hot Chinese mustard butter, kabayaki drizzle) or hoisin glazed pork spare-ribs (pineapple fried rice, sambal dressed Asian slaw, lemongrass butter)
Choice of: Banana Cream Pie (butterscotch sauce, Gold Koloa Rum whipped cream) or profiteroles with vanilla bean ice cream (chocolate sauce, fresh whipped cream and kauai coffee/hot tea)
- The Plantation Owners Evening
FromUSD $215Check AvailabilityNext available 18 Oct 2022
- The Plantation Owners Evening with Round-Trip Transportation
FromUSD $236Check AvailabilityNext available 18 Oct 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
Local Hawaiians have luàu to celebrate important occasions such as birthdays, weddings and graduations. An especially important luau is for a baby’s first birthday. The reason the baby luáu is so important is that traditionally in some Hawaiian families, the baby was not given a name until the first birthday. This gave the grandparents and others a chance to watch the baby and pick a name appropriate to that baby’s mission in life.
But today, Hawaiians use the word luàu to refer to this party gathering. If you have an opportunity to go to a luàu, you should go for a real Hawaiian experience. There is usually lots of great food, music and hula. The food traditionally served at a luáu includes kalua pig, which is pork that has been cooked in an imu or underground oven, fish, limu (seaweed), crab, he’e (octopus), opihi (limpets), lau lau (pork and vegetables wrapped in leaves) and poi.
- Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 24 hours notice of cancellation
- Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances
- Contact The Supplier by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation
- No-shows will be charged the full price
Reviews for The Plantation Owners Evening - Luau Kalamaku
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely