- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us!
- Wander through the famous 9th Street Italian Market
- Tempt your tastebuds and shop for foods made fresh by the locals
- Chat with the local store owners and grab a bargain or two
- Discover the history of the markets and how they came to be so popular
- Reenact your favorite Rocky moment on a street featured in the film
Philly Italian Market Walking Tour
Explore America's oldest and largest everyday open-air market for some authentic, Philly foodie action!
- Personal shopping, snacks, food, and tips and gratuities for your guide.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Liberty Bell. Independence Hall. We all know Philadelphia for its famous landmarks and historical background, but did you also know that it's home to this wicked food market? Join this Italian Market tour in Philadelphia for a dose of yummy Philly food at its very best.
Starting at the always-colorful South Street, head off with your local guide through the neighborhood of Bella Vista in South Philly. You’ll explore the tiny streets in this section and have a chance to view some of the iconic mosaic art from a local artist. As we continue to tour Philadelphia, swing by a historic deli, duck into a tempting bakery, and stroll along Christian Street before arriving at the sounds, aromas, and sights of the famous Italian market or, more accurately, the South 9th Street Curb Market.
The market is the oldest and largest everyday open-air market in the USA, and it’s easy to understand why it is one of Philly’s must-see attractions. With your local guide leading the way on this Philly tour, explore the huge variety of stores located here, many of which are Italian in heritage. Tempt tastebuds as you wander past cheeses, chocolates, spices, and olive oils. Discover bakeries, butchers, and a myriad of other produce stalls plus a wonderful kitchen store. And don’t worry, if the temptation to purchase becomes too great, you’re likely to get a bargain as many of these stores discount for our travelers! Along the way, you'll get the chance to talk to some of the owners and employees of these shops and stalls, and hear fascinating local stories of the development of this area over the years.
As you continue through the market, cross over the main intersection and head towards a variety of Mexican stores. If this area looks familiar it’s because this is where Rocky ran through the streets on one of his famous training runs. Nearby, you’ll also see a selection of Vietnamese, Cambodian, and Chinese stores, brimming with aromas and sights that are sure to delight the senses. Your tour concludes in the heart of the Italian Market in the Bella Vista neighborhood, with easy access to public transportation.
Pickup: Corner of 9th, South Streets, outside New Image Art & Framing
Philly Italian Market Walking Tour
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Where and when does this tour depart?
Departs at 10:00am from the corner of 9th & South Streets, outside New Image Art & Framing.
Where does this tour end?
Bella Vista, Philadelphia, PA.
Is this a walking tour?
What should I bring?
Comfortable walking shoes, vaccination card, and a government ID.
Your Trip: Maximum group size is 12, but they can add another guide if the group exceeds this number.
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above.
Exclusions — Prices do not include:
- Tips and gratuities — If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers, a tip — though not compulsory — is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many the tour's destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on your tour.
- Items of a personal nature — These may include snacks, meals, and drinks not outlined as an inclusion in the inclusions section of the tour description.
- Baggage and personal insurance — It is highly recommended that each traveller obtain adequate insurance for their travels, including for the Urban Adventure(s) they have booked.
- Local taxes and fees — Unless otherwise stated, the price does not include any local taxes or fees, including foreign departure, security, port charges, park fees, customs, immigration, agricultural, passenger facility charges, or international transportation tax.
Travellers must adhere to the start time set out in the product information on their voucher. We start on time, so please allow enough time to be at the start point before your official start time on your voucher. If you know you are going to be late, please contact us on the phone number on your voucher and we'll do our best to help you catch up. If a traveller hasn't arrived on time and without any contact, the tour will consider the traveller to be a "no show" and the tour will start without them and no refund will be provided. The following start point(s) are outlined in the tour information and on the confirmation voucher:
- Pick-up — If a pick-up is included in the tour, the times the service will be provided are listed in the product information and on the voucher (for example, 8.30 to 9.00am). The traveller should wait in the lobby of their pick-up point during the designated pick-up times.
- Meeting point — If a meeting point is set for the tour, one time will be set as the start time (for example, 8.30am). The traveller should be waiting at the designated start point at the designated start time. It is recommended that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
Cancellations by the traveller: Cancellation fees – Cancellation fees may apply to any cancellations by the traveller of a service provided by The Operator. Unless otherwise specified, the cancellation policy is as follows: Cancellations for set tours and made more than 48 hours prior to travel receive a full refund; Cancellations for set tours made 48 hours or less prior to travel require the traveller to pay for the tour in full, and no refund will be issued. Cancellations for custom itineraries ("Create Your Own") are as follows:
- 60+ days to departure – Full refund
- 59 - 31 days to departure – 50% cancellation fee
- 30 days and under to departure – 100% cancellation fee
Cancellations by The Operator: They may cancel a tour at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability, or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your tour, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or, alternatively, receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking, including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance, or non-refundable flights.
In the case of customers travelling on a Multi-City Explorer Pass, if a tour is cancelled by The Operator, the traveller will receive a refund for the cost of that trip only, and only if the total value of tours booked with the pass at the end of the 30-day period is less than the total price paid for the pass. If a tour is cancelled by The Operator and the value of the bookings with the pass are equal to or greater than the value of the pass, the traveller will receive a 25% discount on a future single tour booking.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- <p>Corner of 9<sup>th</sup> & South Streets, outside New Image Art & Framing</p>
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews