- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- Wander through the famous 9th Street Italian Market
- Tempt your taste buds and shop for foods made fresh by the locals
- Chat with the local store owners and grab a bargain or two
- Discover the history of the markets and how they came to be so popular
- Reenact your favourite Rocky moment on a street featured in the film
- Local guide to show you the best of America's oldest and largest everyday open-air market
What to Expect
We all know Philadelphia for its famous landmarks and historical background, but did you also know that it's home to this incredible food market?
Join this private Italian Market tour in Philadelphia for some yummy Philly food at its very best.
Beginning at the always-colorful South Street, head off with your local guide through the neighborhood of Bella Vista in South Philly. You’ll explore the tiny streets in this section and have a chance to see some of the iconic mosaic art from a local artist.
As the tour goes on, we will swing by a historic deli, duck into a tempting bakery and stroll along Christian Street before touching down at the sounds, aromas, and sights of the famous Italian market or, more accurately, the South 9th Street Curb Market.
Explore the oldest and largest everyday open-air market in the USA and one of Philly’s must-see attractions with your local guide leading the way.
Discover the huge variety of stores located here, many of which are Italian in heritage and tempt your taste buds as you wander past cheeses, chocolates, spices, and olive oils.
Find bakeries, butchers and a myriad of other produce stalls plus a wonderful kitchen store.
Note: If the temptation to purchase becomes too great, you’re likely to get a bargain as many of these stores discount for travelers!
Along the way you'll get the opportunity to talk to some of the owners and employees of these shops and stalls, and listen to unforgettable local stories of the development of this area over the years.
As you continue through the market, cross over the main intersection and head towards a variety of Mexican stores. If this area looks familiar it’s probably because it was here that Rocky ran through the streets on one of his famous training runs. It is here where you’ll also see a selection of Vietnamese, Cambodian and Chinese stores, brimming with aromas and sights that are sure to delight the senses.
Your tour wraps up in the heart of the Italian Market in the Bella Vista neighborhood, with easy access to public transportation.
Meet at the corner of 9th and South Streets, outside New Image Art & Framing
Frequently Asked Questions
A good pair of comfortable walking shoes is advisable. Make sure to check the weather report for rain!
Food and drinks, souvenirs and items of a personal nature, tips/gratuities for your guide
This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking.
Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform The Supplier at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- Food, drinks, souvenirs, items of a personal nature, and tips/gratuities for your guide are not included
- This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- A cancellation will only be effective when The Supplier receives written confirmation that you have sent to your relevant sales representative of the cancellation
- If you cancel a trip: 28 days or more prior to departure, The Supplier will hold the deposit amount as a credit; (or)
- 27 days or fewer prior to departure, The Supplier will hold 50% of the monies paid by you in connection with the booking as a credit and retain the remaining 50% of monies paid by you in connection with your booking
- <p>Corner of 9<sup>th</sup> & South Streets, outside New Image Art & Framing</p>
Reviews for Private Philadelphia Tour: Italian Market Immersion
Get Instant Confirmation