- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us!
- Enjoy the stunning views of Washington DC at night
- A small group tour of the National Mall + Washington D.C. monuments onboard an electric car
- A sustainable and low-impact option for covering the huge area in DC!
- A local guide will provide the scoop on the White House, Capitol Building, Smithsonian, and more
- Learn the stories and history behind the museums and the monuments
- Pick the brains of a local for tips and tricks to further enjoy the city
Washington DC Monuments By Night Tour
Tour the National Mall in style while enjoying the moonlit magic of the monuments, White House, and Capitol Hill!
- Food and drinks along the way
- Tips and gratuities for your guide
WHAT TO EXPECT
Ready to test your night-photography skills and see jaw-dropping views while learning about the history of the United States through the National Mall? Hop on an all-electric Red Roadster and get ready for the ride of your vacation! This DC tour begins at the Smithsonian metro station, where your guide will take you back in time to the city’s origins and provide tips for exploring the city on your own. As the tour works its way through the Smithsonian complex, your guide regales you with the story behind the amazing museums and helps you choose which one to visit during your stay.
Next, your guide will take you past two of DC’s most incredible monuments, the Washington Monument and the Jefferson Memorial. The Washington Monument is an obelisk within the National Mall built to commemorate George Washington, while the Jefferson Memorial is an iconic dome-shaped rotunda to honor Thomas Jefferson. Afterward, you can wander through the FDR and MLK memorials and enjoy a stroll along the jaw-dropping Tidal Basin at sunset. Continue past the World War I and World War II Memorials to the Lincoln Memorial, where you'll be blown away by views of the Potomac River and the National Mall sparkling in the dark.
Your guide will entertain you with stories about the city’s history, statues, and famous buildings on your way to the White House, where you'll see the most iconic American structure, the White House. The tour continues toward Capitol Hill to see the Capitol Building. End the tour on a high note by asking your guide for recommendations for the rest of your stay in the city. From the Supreme Court to the Smithsonian, this DC tour leaves the oversized tour buses behind to deliver you straight into the heart of Washington.
The Red Roadsters are a personal and comfortable way to tour the National Mall. Equipped with roll-down clear siding windows, they’re the perfect way to sightsee in the rain or wind. These vehicles are also equipped with warm blankets in the winter for your comfort. This is a small group tour with a maximum of 7 persons per vehicle. Your seat is guaranteed, however, seating is on a first come first served basis, so we cannot guarantee that you will be able to sit with everyone in your party. Sometimes, the tour will use more than one vehicle, and these travel together throughout the tour.
Pikckup: Independence Ave., SW, Washington DC (Smithsonian Metro Stop) at the base of the Department of Agriculture Building
Washington DC Monuments By Night Tour
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
When and where does this tour depart?
8:00pm, 12th & Independence Ave., SW, Washington DC (Smithsonian Metro Stop) at the base of the Department of Agriculture Building.
Where does this tour end?
12th & Independence Ave., SW, Washington DC (Smithsonian Metro Stop).
What if a sight or attraction is closed?
Peaceful demonstrations, a mainstay of life in Washington, DC, may slightly alter routes, but they also add to the enrichment of the experience!
Are children allowed on this tour?
This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 4 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour.
Will this tour get canceled because of bad weather?
This tour will likely go ahead in all weather conditions. However, if tours are canceled under extreme circumstances, your guide will contact you to move your tour to another day.
Dress standard: As you will be outside, please check the weather and dress accordingly.
Closure of sites: Sometimes, sites will be closed due to events/demonstrations. The tour will do its best to take you as close to as many monuments as possible.
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 4 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking.
Exclusions — Prices do not include:
- Tips and gratuities — If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers, a tip — though not compulsory — is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many the tour's destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on your tour.
- Items of a personal nature — These may include snacks, meals, and drinks not outlined as an inclusion in the inclusions section of the tour description.
- Baggage and personal insurance — It is highly recommended that each traveller obtain adequate insurance for their travels, including for the Urban Adventure(s) they have booked.
- Local taxes and fees — Unless otherwise stated, the price does not include any local taxes or fees, including foreign departure, security, port charges, park fees, customs, immigration, agricultural, passenger facility charges, or international transportation tax.
Travellers must adhere to the start time set out in the product information on their voucher. We start on time, so please allow enough time to be at the start point before your official start time on your voucher. If you know you are going to be late, please contact us on the phone number on your voucher and we'll do our best to help you catch up. If a traveller hasn't arrived on time and without any contact, the tour will consider the traveller to be a "no show" and the tour will start without them and no refund will be provided. The following start point(s) are outlined in the tour information and on the confirmation voucher:
- Pick-up — If a pick-up is included in the tour, the times the service will be provided are listed in the product information and on the voucher (for example, 8.30 to 9.00am). The traveller should wait in the lobby of their pick-up point during the designated pick-up times.
- Meeting point — If a meeting point is set for the tour, one time will be set as the start time (for example, 8.30am). The traveller should be waiting at the designated start point at the designated start time. It is recommended that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
Cancellations by the traveller: Cancellation fees – Cancellation fees may apply to any cancellations by the traveller of a service provided by The Operator. Unless otherwise specified, the cancellation policy is as follows: Cancellations for set tours and made more than 48 hours prior to travel receive a full refund; Cancellations for set tours made 48 hours or less prior to travel require the traveller to pay for the tour in full, and no refund will be issued. Cancellations for custom itineraries ("Create Your Own") are as follows:
- 60+ days to departure – Full refund
- 59 - 31 days to departure – 50% cancellation fee
- 30 days and under to departure – 100% cancellation fee
Cancellations by The Operator: They may cancel a tour at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability, or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your tour, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or, alternatively, receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking, including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance, or non-refundable flights.
In the case of customers travelling on a Multi-City Explorer Pass, if a tour is cancelled by The Operator, the traveller will receive a refund for the cost of that trip only, and only if the total value of tours booked with the pass at the end of the 30-day period is less than the total price paid for the pass. If a tour is cancelled by The Operator and the value of the bookings with the pass are equal to or greater than the value of the pass, the traveller will receive a 25% discount on a future single tour booking.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- <p>12<sup>th</sup> & Independence Ave., SW, Washington DC (Smithsonian Metro Stop) at the base of the Department of Agriculture Building</p>
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews