- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A full-day tour to Eungella National Park to visit some of the most pristine waterfalls
- Visit 2 different waterfalls & swimming holes, with plenty of time to swim, relax & sunbake
- Convenient return transfers from selected Airlie Beach accommodation
Chasing Waterfalls Day Tour - WhitsundaysDiscover a pristine land & explore two magical freshwater waterfalls & swimming holes hidden within a serene rainforest, all from Airlie Beach.
- Drone footage shot by your guide
What to Expect
The Whitsundays is an enchanted land featuring diversewaterfalls. On this full-day tour, you'll explore two magical freshwater waterfalls and swimming holes hidden within a serene rainforest, surrounded by awe-inspiring mountain ranges and colourful volcanic rock pools.
You'll spend most of the day in the pristine Eungella National Park known as the "Land of the Clouds" by local Aboriginal tribes, experiencing the largest waterfalls and swimming holes, bird spotting, and searching for the elusive platypus.
You'll often see and hear a variety of birds, including the Eungella Honey Eater, found only in this national park! In addition, the walks have an abundance of fascinating trees, plants, berries, mushrooms, fungi and all the different shapes and colours on this tour. The guides have vast knowledge and experience with all animals in the rainforest, how to track them, and most importantly, how to observe them respectfully without disturbing them.
The day's first stop is Aurelien Waterfall – a 10-15 metre cascade where Finch-Hatton Creek flows into a carved rock pool. Here, you'll have plenty of free time to swim, explore, spot wildlife, sunbake and relax. Sit at the viewing platform, lay on a rock in the sun or explore the meandering river stream. The water temperature is cool, so it's very refreshing in a tropical climate. Just in case you were wondering, there are no crocodiles, stingers or anything that will harm you in the water stream.
After exploring and enjoying the first waterfall and swimming hole, set off on a 15-minute hike to the second waterfall, Wheel of Fire; it is a steep climb up stairs and across a river, but well worth the effort. It's located in the valley of the mountain, framed by lush rain forests, palms and tree ferns. Most of the time, the tour group has it to themselves! Wheel of Fire is a much larger waterfall that cascades the entire face of the mountain and expansive swimming hole.
This tour requires some degree of adventure; there is a small river stream to cross and several stairs to reach the second waterfall. Lunch isn't included, but your guide will take you to a local cafe to purchase lunch, or you're welcome to bring your own.
Where we Visit:
- Eungella National Park
- Aurelien Waterfall
- Wheel of Fire Waterfall
Frequently Asked Questions
Come dressed comfortably! Make sure you bring an extra layer of clothing in the cooler months for the early morning and late afternoons.
Summers in Airlie Beach are hot and humid, a personal face towel or hygienic wipes is a great idea!
Please note that we never cancel a tour due to rain or wind, so please bring rainproof clothing if you would prefer to not get wet.
- A bottle of water
- Towel & Swimming costume & a jumper or jacket (winter months)
- Mosquito repellent (tropical heavy-duty repellent)
- Camera (turn off any sounds) Cameras should be in a waterproof
- Hiking boots or sneakers
- Cash / Credit Card for souvenirs
- A sense of humour is always welcome!
- Guests should note that adventure travel includes risks. The Operator shall not be held responsible for any property loss or damage and/or any claim resulting from personal injury or death whilst travelling with The Operator, participating in activities, in the vehicle, in the national parks or any other company property
- COVID19 Medical restrictions apply. A medical questionnaire must be completed. A signed liability release waiver will be required from all participants
- Minimum number of passengers apply for all tours
- No shows will be charged a 100% cancellation fee
- Guests who provide more than 72 hours' notice can transfer to another tour at no fee
- COVID-19 Policy: guests can cancel anytime up until 48 hours before the tour start time
Reviews for Chasing Waterfalls Day Tour - Whitsundays
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely