Swim alongside the biggest fish in the sea on this phenomenal once in a lifetime experience
Ningaloo Reef Whale Shark Swim And Snorkel Highlights
- Get up to $40 cash back per person when you book with us
- Swim with whale sharks in their natural habitat
- Explore the depths of the World Heritage Listed Ningaloo Reef
- Complimentary bus transfers from your accommodation in Exmouth
- Experienced, professional, award-winning crew
- All equipment including quality snorkel equipment (mask, snorkel, fins and wetsuits)
- Stand up paddle boards and kayaks for use
- Delicious morning tea, buffet lunch and afternoon tea
- Sunscreen, water and dry area for your belongings on board
- Celebratory glass of sparkling wine
- Complimentary gift pack per group booking
- Whale shark swimmer certificate
- Complimentary professional photography package
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions about Ningaloo Reef Whale Shark Swim And Snorkel
This tour operates from Tantabiddi Boat Ramp on the western side of Exmouth Cape, right in the middle of where the whale sharks congregate around Ningaloo Reef. The travel time between pick up and being in the area where the whale sharks are is the absolute shortest possible. The tour arrives in the area where the whale sharks are early and can stay there longer due to the short travel times. The western side where the tour operates from is also the location of the Ningaloo Reef snorkel sites and home to all other wildlife such as turtles, dolphins, mantas and humpback whales! Anything around on the day will also be part of your tour.
There are endless beautiful snorkel sites on Ningaloo Reef. Your skipper and crew will take the Windcheetah to somewhere that they know will be spectacular on the day based on the wind and tide. You will see coral gardens and hundreds of beautifully coloured fish. Keep your eyes open for a friendly turtle or a sleepy reef shark too. You never know what you will see.
As our gift to you, all guests, including those not swimming, will receive all of the professional photographers photos of the day free of charge! A wonderful keepsake to remember the whole experience. These photographers are very experienced using high quality underwater camera gear to give fantastic clear photos both from above and below. After the tour you will be given link, simply open it up and download!
The Supplier is permitted to get nice and close to the whale sharks due to special permission from Department of Parks and Wildlife allowing the tour to interact with them. By approaching them nice and close, you will be able to enter the water with an experienced in-water guide and enjoy them as they swim close by. The Supplier will do all that they can to maximise your chances of an epic swim with a whale shark. With the help of the spotter plane, the tour can find whale sharks that are nearby and be directed to their exact location.
All crew have participated in Department of Parks and Wildlife Whale Shark Training Program so they are very qualified and experienced in how to swim with whale sharks. The crew will explain to you how to best swim with your whale shark to increase our chances of a perfect experience.
**Please note that you must have basic swimming ability to participate in water activities.**
Yes. As an alternative, you can also join the tour as an observer. Observers are encouraged to participate in all activities such as snorkelling the reef, riding the boom net, relaxing on the day beds, use of the glass bottom kayaks and stand up paddle boards or even swimming with a manta ray. An observers only restriction is that they will not enter the water with a whale shark, but rather observe the action from the bow of the Windcheetah. If an Observer were to decide on the day that you would like to try swimming with a whale shark after all, just have a chat to the crew. If there are spaces available you can upgrade!
*Please note that there are only limited spots available for swimming with a whale shark. If these are all filled, observers will not be able to upgrade on the day.
Sea sickness is always a risk when spending a day on the water. The Windcheetah is the best option for anyone worried about feeling unwell on the tour due to its twin hull design. Catamarans are renowned for being the most stable on the water which helps to keep motion sickness away.
Ways that you can avoid illness form affecting your day are:
- Avoid drinking alcohol the night before your tour
- Eat a small non greasy breakfast prior to arriving
- Purchase yourself some sea sickness medication from a pharmacy and take it as per the instructions
- Once onboard, sip water and keep your eyes on the horizon as much as possible
- Sit out in the breeze, don't confine yourself inside
- Try not to think about it, sometimes your own mindset is the best preventative
The Supplier offers water and assistance on board to anyone who may feel unwell.
Reviews for Ningaloo Reef Whale Shark Swim And Snorkel
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.