- Channel your inner viking before cooling off with a few frothies at local Gold Coast breweries!
- Enjoy 90 minutes of axe throwing at Lumber Punks with instruction
- Visit 2 local breweries on a guided brewery tour with an explanation of the brewing process
- All beer samples
- Stop at a delicious spot for lunch & snacks
- Led by a funny, knowledgeable guide
- Pick up, drop off, and transportation in an air-conditioned van
PLEASE NOTE: This tour needs a minimum of 4 passengers to run
Where We Visit:
- Lumber Punks
- Bine Craft Beer Bar (lunch)
- Two out of four breweries
- Lost Palms Brewing
- Black Hops
- Burleigh Brewing
What to Expect
This brewery tour will pick you up from your Gold Coast location and visit two out of four local breweries. The first stop is to Lumber Punks in Miami for a tutorial on axe-throwing. The first bulls-eye gets bragging rights for the day! During a 90-minute session, you'll be taught everything you need to know to aim straight and throw accurately.
Throwing axes is thirsty work. After your session, the tour wanders the few hundred metres (or drive, most likely) to Lost Palms Brewing. Here you'll discover a unique, chilled-out space filled with bright colours and thirst-quenching beers. Comfy couches mean you can sit back and sip your brews in comfort. The tour will go through all important beer info here, including ingredients and history.
The next stop is lunch! Ducking over to Bine Craft Beer Bar, you can choose from an array of lunch options, each paired with a paddle from a rotating tap selection. After lunch, the tour heads to a residential neighbourhood to check out Black Hops. Here you have the chance to explore the brewery and taste more fresh brews. If the head brewer Michael "Govs" McGovern is around, he'll answer questions you may have and tell the stories behind each of the beers on offer.
Alternatively, the tour may also visit the original and iconic Gold Coast brewery, Burleigh Brewing, where you'll walk through the brewery and learn about their history as the longest-operating brewery on the Gold Coast. Taste their core range (plus more seasonal release beers) and marvel at the size of their brewery. The tour may decide to finish the day at the so-hot-it's-cool Balter where the beach meets beer. Award-winning brewer Scotty Hargreave creates delicious beers to keep you refreshed. You'll have a tasting paddle here.
The tour visits TWO of these FOUR breweries on the Gold Coast, along with a lunch stop. Throughout the day, the tour keeps you well-fed and full of delicious beer, with plenty of samples accompanied by tasting notes and witty commentary. The brewers are happy to show you the ropes, help you understand the brewing process and answer any questions you may have.
Don't forget to bring a photo ID with you. All your friends may know you're of age, but it's only the first time we've met, and we'd hate for you to get turned away from any of the breweries by looking too young to appreciate good brews.
Frequently Asked Questions
You must be 18 years or older. Venues may ask for ID so make sure you bring one, preferably a driver’s license. If you can’t legally drink, you won’t have much fun anyway.
The tours are fully inclusive, meaning they supply all the beer you need. Each venue on the tour includes roughly 4-6 x 120ml beer samples at each venue, which adds up quite a bit! No one has ever finished the day and said they didn’t get enough to drink.
Take advantage of visiting the breweries and buy beer on site – you never know where you might next get it – but ONLY for takeaway! While you will receive plenty of delicious beer samples during our visits, the craft breweries offer takeaway cans, bottles and/or growlers.
Wear closed-toe shoes to visit working breweries, which may have that as a requirement. If your toes are showing you may be asked to wear a pair of the brewer’s gumboots for safety. Not a sexy look. The choice is yours. Aside from that, wear something comfortable and that you are happy to pose for photos in.
10:15 am: Helensvale Station is a central stop for anyone on the train coming from either direction. The tour will be waiting on the heavy rail side near the taxis.
10:45 am: Loose Moose (Oasis Centre, 75 Surf Parade, Broadbeach) is on the ground floor of the Oasis Centre in the heart of Broadbeach. Easy to reach by G: Link, the Loose Moose is near the taxi rank at the main entrance to the centre.
Drop Offs: The tour is flexible with drop-off locations within the city based on guests’ needs and requests.
- Guests must NOT consume any alcohol prior to their 90-minute axe-throwing package; we recommend a hearty breakfast before starting the day.
- This tour needs a minimum of 4 passengers to run
- Please note that the tour visits working breweries and it’s suggested you wear closed-toe shoes so you don’t miss out on any of the fun. Also, since they don’t always run on a set schedule, the tour will try and catch the brewers in action but that can’t always be guaranteed; keep an open mind on the day because no matter what or who we see, the beers are always epic. Sometimes the itineraries will change at a whim; this may be because of traffic, a last-minute decision from the brewery or any number of things
- All tours require a minimum of two (2) or six (6) guests to commence, depending on the specific itinerary. If the minimum number is not reached, the tour reserves the right to change or cancel any bookings.
- If the tour cancels the will endeavour to do one of the following:
- re-book you for another date or tour (subject to availability)
- transfer your booking to another person
- refund your payment
- The tour welcomes passengers with special needs or disabilities. However, guests are required to advise us in advance of any physical, medical or other special requirements as not all locations may have the required facilities or access.
- Do not wear sandals or thongs (flip-flops) as you may not be allowed on the brewery floor.
- Drinking on any vehicle owned or operated by the tour is strictly prohibited.
- The tour strongly recommends that you do not drive after and does not accept responsibility for your ability to get home once our tour terminates but endeavor to assist you in reaching valid public transportation options.
- The tour does not condone excessive or binge drinking and promotes responsible drinking of alcohol. Drink better beer, not more beer.
- The tour focus is beer education and appreciation and do not operate “pub crawls”.
- Uncontrollable and disruptive drunken behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Any person deemed unruly or disruptive can be removed from the tour and will not be entitled to any refund.
- The tour reserves the right to refuse entry to the tour with no entitlement to partial or full refund if any guest is deemed intoxicated.
- Between 0 (day of tour) and 7 days before the tour: no refund
- 8 -14 days before the tour: 50% of the tour price paid per person
- 15-day reserve the right to change or cancel tours due to operating requirements or circumstances beyond tour control
Reviews for Axe Throwing And Brewery Tour
Get Instant Confirmation