- Return transfers from the Gold Coast to Lamington National Park
- National Park entry fees
- Wild bird feeding
- Experience & friendly guide
- Tea, coffee, & hot chocolate
- Bottled water
What to Expect
The adventure begins with a scenic drive from the coast up to the Lamington Plateau, with ample opportunity for keen-eyed explorers to absorb the spectacular valley views and spot native wildlife during the climb. With landscapes over 225 million years old, Lamington National Park is on the UNESCO World Heritage list as part of the Gondwana Rainforests of Australia.
Following a quick safety briefing at the trailhead, the adventure continues on foot. Lamington National Park has over 160km of tracks, however, today's adventure tackles the Elabana Falls and Picnic Rock Trail. It starts near O'Reilly and is just over 7 kilometres in length.
The first section of the trail takes you through Antarctic Beech forest, where you'll also get to see some of the oldest Brush Box trees in the National Park. Take a break, breath in the fresh air of the forest around you, and indulge in some morning tea at the aptly named Picnic Rock.
After morning tea, the hike continues, with a final scramble over some challenging boulders on to one of the world’s most breathtaking waterfalls – Elabana Falls. The clear mountain waters run from high up in the forest, plunging into the deep, swirling pools. The result is a beautiful, multi-tiered waterfall, that's just picture perfect – so don't forget your camera! You'll spend as much time as you like at the falls, and might even be lucky enough to spot local residents such as the Lamington Spiny Crayfish.
Once you’ve indulged your senses as much as you need, you’ll return via the world-renowned Tree Top Walk and experiencing life in the canopy of one of the world's oldest rainforests. It's an easy yet exciting walk that consists of 9 suspension bridges that sit up to 16 metres above the ground. If you're feeling brave, you can even climb to the viewing deck that sits in a fig tree 30 metres above the ground. You'll be rewarded with a bird's-eye view of the forest.
Packed in among all your adventures is a delicious and healthy lunch to replenish your energy. Plus, you'll get tea, coffee, and hot chocolate, which is often well-received due to the cooler temperatures in the park.
Where we visit:
- Lamington National Park
- Picnic Rock
- Elabana Falls
- Tree Top Walkway
Frequently Asked Questions
Choose an outfit that is suitable for walking, and wear closed in shoes that provide support for your feet. Be sun safe and wear sunscreen and a hat. Insect repellant is also a good idea.
Reviews for Rainforests of Lamington Wilderness Tour from the Gold Coast
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
- The operator reserves the right to cancel a tour where it is considered unsafe to operate – e.g. severe/dangerous weather/road or park closures. In the event that a tour is cancelled, customers will be offered an alternative date or full refund
- The operator runs nature-based, outdoor activities and the tours will operate in all weather conditions provided it is declared safe. The operator reserves the right to amend the tour itinerary to best suit the weather conditions and ensure the comfort and safety of guests
The operator offers a flexible cancellation/amendment policy:
- Up to 24 hours before the tour start time:
- Cancellation – Full refund to the customer
- Amendment to booking – requests will be met wherever possible
- Within 24 hours of tour start time:
- Cancellation or amendment will incur forfeiture of the full cost of the booking
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
- Helensvale Train Station
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation