- Return transfers from Hobart
- Port Arthur entry fee
- Port Arthur guided tour
- Port Arthur harbour cruise
Convict Trail – Port Arthur Day Tour from HobartDiscover Tasmania’s infamous convict history and breathtaking nature on this action packed full day tour.
What to Expect
Discover Tasmania’s infamous convict history and breathtaking nature on this action-packed full-day tour. The day begins with a scenic drive down the Tasman Peninsula. Learn how the early pioneers survived and began new journeys during the picturesque drive down the peninsula.
At the first stop, you can appreciate spectacular views of the rocky coastline, white-sand beaches, and deep blue waters at Pirates Bay lookout. Then, marvel at Mother Nature's handiwork at the Tessellated Pavements. This geological wonder is a photographer's dream and actually consists of two different formations – pan and loaf.
The next stop takes us to the World Heritage-listed Port Arthur Historic Site. It's the best-preserved convict site in Australia, and among the most significant convict era sites worldwide. Join a guided walking tour to learn about the vivid history, cultural heritage and compelling stories. The walking tour is followed by a harbour cruise and time of your own to explore the interactive exhibits and displays that tell the story of the Port Arthur Historic Site and its people. You'll also have access to more than 30 historic buildings, ruins, restored houses, heritage gardens and walking trails.
On the journey home, we visit Tasman National Park’s hidden secrets at the Remarkable caves, Devils Kitchen, Tasman Arch and Blowhole. If time permits on the journey home we may stop to find some local produce.
Where we visit:
- Pirate's Bay Look Out
- Tessellated Pavement
- Port Arthur Historic Site
- Tasman National Park
- Tasman Arch/Blow Hole
- Devil's Kitchen
- Remarkable Caves
Frequently Asked Questions
The maximum number of people on the tour is 12, including your driver/guide.
A basic level of fitness is all that is needed to enjoy this tour. There isn’t anything demanding but each tour will require some walking.
Yes, children aged from 0-16 are welcome to join tours.
Yes, car seats are available.
We use a Mercedes Benz Sprinter (2017) and a Toyota HiAce Commuter (2014) for most tours. Under some circumstances (car service/repair, large group booking etc, we hire vehicles.
We suggest you bring water, sunscreen, a hat, a camera, and wear comfortable walking shoes. The weather in Tasmania can change quickly, so it's recommended to bring a warm layer as well.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions and the operator reserves the right to modify itineraries if the weather conditions on the day deem this to be necessary for either functioning or safety motives, refunds are not given when itineraries change
- Participants are required to be waiting out the front of your designated pickup location at least 5 minutes prior to departure
- The operator will not be liable for loss, injury or death sustained to a person or property arising from directly or indirectly connected to accommodation or any leisure activity organised by this office, whether caused by negligence or otherwise
- You agree to instruct us before the beginning of any tour of any pre-existing medical conditions you have which may affect your capacity to partake in any part of the tour
- You can transfer the charge paid to a tour on a different date or obtain a complete refund if the operator cancels your tour
If you cancel your booking before departure for a single day tour, the following charges will apply:
- 19 to 30 days or more before the departure date: 25% of the fare;
- 8 to 18 days before the departure date: 50% of the fare; or
- 0 to 7 days or no show: 100% of the fare.
Requests to change tour departure date within 7 days of departure, may be subject to the cancellation policy. Alterations without fees/charges are at the discretion of management, fees of up to $100 per amendment may be charged.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely