- 3.25 hr Phillip Island southern coast cruise
- Whale & dolphin sightings (expected 80% - not guaranteed)
- Regular seals and sea bird sightings
- Witness the sheer granite cliffs of Cape Woolamai
- Complimentary tea or coffee and cake
- Captain’s commentary
- Wildlife information and interpretation
- Licensed bar
Phillip Island Dolphin & Whale Cruise
Set sail on a winter dolphin & whale adventure venturing past the sheer cliffs of Cape Woolamai and along Phillip Island’s attractive southern coastline.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Set sail on a winter dolphin & whale adventure venturing past the sheer cliffs of Cape Woolamai and along Phillip Island’s attractive southern coastline. This seasonal wildlife cruise operates from June to early August, during the whale migration season.
Search for Humpback and Southern Right Whales on their annual migration route. They make their way from the chilly waters of Antarctica to the warm, tropical ocean off the coast of Queensland for calving. In addition to whales, be on the lookout for dolphin pods feeding and playing, with curious seals and a variety of birdlife including the Wandering Albatross regularly sighted in the area. Learn more about these incredible creatures with the informative commentary.
On the return journey, warm up with a cup of tea or coffee and a slice of tasty cake. If you prefer something a little stronger, there is a licensed bar onboard where you can purchase additional drinks.
Do remember, that whale and dolphin sightings are not guaranteed, as they are in a natural environment, however, there is about an 80% success rate.
Where we visit:
- Cape Woolamai
- Phillip Island south coast
Phillip Island Dolphin & Whale Cruise
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
Family Discount A (2 Ad + 2 Ch):
What should I wear and bring?
Please dress for the weather, keeping in mind it is usually cold on the water in winter, so don't forget a beanie and scarf. We recommend bringing your Keep Cup and water bottle, plus your camera.
Is there a licensed bar on the boat?
Yes, there are drinks available through our licensed bar on board.
Will it be rough?
On many of our cruises, you may experience some swell and rough sea’s at times as we do cruise in open waters. Our staff will advise all passengers booked if we have any added concerns about sea conditions at least the day prior. We suggest precautions against motion sickness.
Are there toilets on board?
Yes, there are unisex and disabled toilets on board.
Is the cruise wheelchair accessible?
The operator is proud to be inclusive and endeavours to provide accessibility to our cruises for people with all abilities. We have many years of experience in offering personal attention to passengers who may require special care. Some of the services that are available:
- Accessible parking and wheelchair/walker access to our office at the Cowes jetty carpark
- Seating on the jetty on your way to the boat
- Wheelchair, walker and pram access to the boat via a ramp (please be aware that there are up to 15 steps on the jetty itself)
- Accessible toilet on board with extra room and grab handle
- Ample room on board for wheelchairs, walkers and prams as well as room to turn
- Free or heavily discounted cruise tickets for companion card and carer cardholders
- Personal attention by our crew onboard to passengers with special needs
Can I bring my children?
Children aged 3 years and under are free of charge. Our shorter cruises are perfect for all ages, however, children of all ages must always be under adult supervision.
On our longer cruises, we ask that you are confident that your infant child will okay for the duration of the cruise and take steps to ensure both the infant and their guardian do not get seasick as someone must be able to care for the infant at all times.
- Guests are required to check-in and collect their boarding pass at least 30 minutes prior to the cruise departure time
- Boarding commences 15 minutes prior to cruise departure time
- Cruise dates and times may be changed or cancelled due to weather and passenger numbers, please check our daily updates on our website to confirm your cruise
- If the operator cancels a cruise due to weather or any unforeseen circumstance a transfer or full refund will be offered
- Dietary requirements may be provided for on our catered cruises. Dietary requirements must be provided to us no later than 12 pm the day prior to the cruise. Please note dietary requirements are not catered for on all cruises
- Whale and dolphin sightings are not guaranteed. The cruise travels into open waters, which may be choppy at times, and taking motion sickness tablets is recommended
- Changes or refunds can be made up to 24 hours prior to travel at no extra cost
- Cancellations within 24 hours or no shows will not be refunded
Read full supplier's terms & conditions