- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- 2 hr scenic coastal cruise
- An average of 5000+ seals sighted up close
- Afternoon or morning tea, with tea, coffee, & cake
- Variety of seabirds & regular dolphin sightings
- Educational commentary
- Historical sights
- Children’s activities available upon request
- Warm undercover viewing
- Licensed bar to purchase drinks
Phillip Island Seal Watching CruiseExperience an up-close encounter with thousands of seals at Australia’s largest fur seal colony on this 2 hr wildlife cruise.
What to Expect
Come aboard this spectacular 2hr coastal wildlife cruise, and experience an up-close encounter with thousands of seals at Australia’s largest fur seal colony. The cruise leaves from Cowes jetty on the north coast of Phillip Island. The journey then takes you around to the southwest coast to Seal Rocks, situated 2 kilometres off the rugged coast.
Upon arrival, the boat drifts within meters of the seals, enabling you to witness them in their natural environment first hand. You can tell fur seals apart from other species because of their cute little external ears. They also have the ability to move across land using all four limbs, which is why they prefer rocky islands as their habitat. It is impossible not to be captivated by these naturally playful and inquisitive animals, as they regularly approach the boat for a closer look at you!
Along the way, you’ll be enthralled by the beautiful coastline and learn all about the history of Phillip Island’s western shoreline. After European settlement, the island became a fur seal trade hub. Thankfully the trade has stopped, which has allowed this protected species to repopulate, allowing us to admire these incredible creatures in their natural habitat.
While the seals live at Seal Rocks year-round, each season brings something new. Spot baby pups frolicking in the water or adult bulls sunning themselves on land.
Where we visit:
- Seal Rocks
Frequently Asked Questions
Please dress for the weather, keeping in mind it is usually cooler on the water. We recommend bringing your Keep Cup and water bottle, plus your camera.
Yes, there are drinks available through our licensed bar on board.
On many of our cruises, you may experience some swell and rough sea’s at times as we do cruise in open waters. Our staff will advise all passengers booked if we have any added concerns about sea conditions at least the day prior. We suggest precautions against motion sickness.
Yes, there are unisex and disabled toilets on board.
The Supplier endeavours to provide accessibility to this cruise for people with all abilities. With extensive operating experience, The Supplier knows how important it is to offer personal attention to passengers who may require special care.
Currently not all vessels are equipped with wheelchair accessibility and boarding locations at jetty’s do require navigating up to up to 15 steps.
Children aged 3 years and under are free of charge. Our shorter cruises are perfect for all ages, however, children of all ages must always be under adult supervision.
On our longer cruises, we ask that you are confident that your infant child will okay for the duration of the cruise and take steps to ensure both the infant and their guardian do not get seasick as someone must be able to care for the infant at all times.
There is ample room for prams and walkers onboard and the boarding ramp allows standard sizing though some areas of these vessels are only accessible via stairs. Please note that there is up to up to 15 steps on the jetty before access to the boat.
No, you are not allowed to feed the seals.
Throughout your cruise, you are guaranteed to see 6000+ Australian Fur Seals on the rocks, and often they approach the boat in the water, offering an up-close and personal experience.
- Guests are required to check-in and collect their boarding pass at least 30 minutes prior to the cruise departure time
- Boarding commences 15 minutes prior to cruise departure time
- Cruise dates and times may be changed or cancelled due to weather and passenger numbers, please check our daily updates on our website to confirm your cruise
- If the operator cancels a cruise due to weather or any unforeseen circumstance a transfer or full refund will be offered
- Dietary requirements may be provided for on our catered cruises. Dietary requirements must be provided to us no later than 12 pm the day prior to the cruise. Please note dietary requirements are not catered for on all cruises
- Changes or refunds can be made up to 24 hours prior to travel at no extra cost
- Cancellations within 24 hours or no shows will not be refunded
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely