Explore the quickest way to get from the mainland to all of the magic Magnetic Island has to offer
Return Ferry Townsville and Magnetic Island Highlights
- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- Return ticket between Townsville and Magnetic Island aboard a state-of-the-art, high-speed catamaran
- Choose from over 15 departure times
- Ticket valid for 1 month from the date of purchase
- Access the natural beauty and serenity of an island paradise with a thriving community
- See an array of unique wildlife and the region's largest colony of wild koalas
- Explore over 20km of walking trails through the National Park
Click HERE to see the list departure times.
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
There is car parking available at the Breakwater Terminal starting from $9.00 per day for a standard vehicle.
The car park has adequate lighting but is not fenced. Vehicles are left at their own risk.
Secure lock up parking is available at Metro Quays Car Park in Ogden St.
Sunbus conduct services from the city mall directly to our terminal which meet every day-time ferry.
There are storage lockers (82.5cm long, 50cm wide, 60cm high) available for hire within the Breakwater Terminal. These lockers are only accessible between opening hours. Large lockers are $8 per 24hrs.
Yes. Dogs must be muzzled and on a leash in the terminals and on board the vessels, or in a pet carrier.
Animals are not allowed on seats and must not obstruct passageways.
Assistance and service animals are exempt from muzzling, containment and seating restrictions.
Yes! The supplier has taken all reasonable steps to ensure safe access to their vessels for customers who require wheelchair access.
All vessel gangways operating ferry services are a minimum of 890mm wide to allow access to most types of wheelchairs. Please note that all Cruise Ship Transfer gangways and some Charter gangways may not be wheelchair accessible (ie: 750 mm wide).
Disability toilets are located in both the Breakwater Ferry Terminal in Townsville and Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal on Magnetic Island.
No. Passengers are responsible for managing their own luggage within the terminal. Passengers requiring assistance with boarding and/or disembarking the ferry should seek assistance from a crew member when boarding commences
Please note the following:
- Trolleys are not available for hire or loan
- Backpacks are to be carried on by the passenger and stowed in the luggage area as per directions from crew
- All luggage is to be stowed in accordance with crew's directions and should not restrict access to safety equipment or block aisles or emergency exits
- SeaLink cannot store any luggage at any time at Breakwater or Nelly Bay Terminals. Coin operated luggage lockers are located in the Breakwater Terminal and accessible during Terminal operation hours
- SeaLink takes no responsibility for any loss or damage to luggage in terminals or on-board the ferries
- SeaLink reserves the right to refuse to carry luggage that does not comply with our Luggage Policy or Dangerous Goods Code and the vessel's Master has the final decision
Reviews for Return Ferry Townsville and Magnetic Island
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.