- English speaking guide-driver throughout the tour
- Transport in modern vehicle (car/minibus) with air condition
One-Day Tour From Sofia To PlovdivThere's so much to explore in Bulgaria's second biggest city.
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses
- Hotel pick-up (5 Euro per reservation)
What to Expect
The cliche “you must see Plovdiv to see Bulgaria” is absolutely true and there is so much to explore in the country’s second-biggest city. Plovdiv (160 m a.s.l.), a 2-hour drive from Sofia, is situated in the western part of the fertile Thracian Valley. It is also one of the oldest European towns contemporary to Troya and Mycenae. With about a 2-hour walking tour you will learn about its intriguing history while exploring the charming historic quarter of the city – a fabulous architectural ensemble of beautifully decorated 19th-century houses, the ancient fortress-walls, magnificent churches and Roman structures like the 7000 seater theater and 30 000 seater stadium.
- Take a guided tour in the Old Town of Plovdiv where art, culture, and history collide into an unforgettable experience
- There is no better way to maximize your time in Plovdiv and learn about its major sights
- Plovdiv will be the European Cultural Capital for 2019
- Enjoy the artistic and laid-back atmosphere of the colorful Plovdiv
Wear comfortable shoes suitable to walk on cobbled streets
Especially in summer – bring a sun hat, sun lotion, and sunglasses
The tour is not suitable for disabled people
Children under the age of 4 years old will not be permitted on this tour
Every Monday and Friday
Meeting point: Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (a detailed map will be provided with the reservation)
Duration: 11 hours; 5 hrs spent in transfer time
Live guide: English-speaking (Monday & Friday), Spanish-speaking (Friday) (for other languages please contact us)
Drop off: Alexander Nevsky Cathedral
- Traventuria Ltd. shall not be held liable in cases of “force majeure” circumstances, herewith described as events which we or our subcontractors cannot predict or avoid, such as terrorist activity, strike, war or threat of war, riot, civil strike, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire, road accidents, traffic jams, vehicle breakdown, etc. Traventuria Ltd. will act and do whatever is possible to the best of its abilities in order to minimize the impact on the clients’ journey in such cases.
- Claims for missed flights, only partially or totally unused other services as a result of such circumstances will not be acknowledged in such cases.
- All cancellations should be made in writing to Traventuria Ltd. on our corporate email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations advised verbally to a company staff (i.e. drivers, tour guides, resort representatives) or in writing to other email addresses will not be considered as valid.
- The following cancellation charges (as a percentage of the total cost, but not less than the deposit) apply for cancellations made by clients for services in Bulgaria, booked through Traventuria Ltd.:
- > 30 days – 30%
- 29 – 15 days – 50%
- 14 – 9 days – 70%
- 8 days or less – 100%
- The following cancellation charges (as a percentage of the total cost, but not less than the deposit) apply for cancellations made by clients for services outside Bulgaria, booked through Traventuria Ltd.:
- > 41 days – 30%
- 40 days or less – 100%.
- For bookings, where a flight ticket is included, the clients should pay the charges levied by the airline concerned.
- If a ground service provided by Traventuria Ltd. is omitted by a client (e.g. transfer, tour, etc.) due to last-minute illness, flight cancellation, etc. this is considered “no-show” and no refund will be made.
- The same rule applies if a client decides to leave the holiday before its end. We will issue all the required documents, verifying the cancellation, which you can use for your insurance company.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely