- English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Entrance fees
- All transportation and parking costs
One-Day Tour To Veliko Tarnovo (Tsarevets) & Arbanassi From SofiaHiking and cultural tour on all of the major tourist highlights in Veliko Tarnovo and Arbanassi.
- Meals and drinks
- Guides’ gratuity
- Other personal expenses
What to Expect
Veliko Tarnovo was the medieval capital of Bulgaria. The town flourished between the 12th and 14th centuries when the territory of Bulgaria spanned over most of the Balkans. During the 5 century of Ottoman oppression, the town developed as a merchant and craftsmen town with “distribution channels” extending into North Africa and Central Europe. Nowadays, the town has often been ranked by the media as the mostbeautiful and pleasant Bulgarian city to live in. Veliko Tarnovo and the nearby architectural reserve Arbanassi are included in almost every tour agency’s round trip itinerary, while famous guidebooks define it as a must-see tourist attraction.
Despite the long transfer time from Sofia (3hrs), you will quickly understand why it's worth doing it. The tour’s goal is to present to you, in an intriguing and educational way, all of the major tourist highlights in Veliko Tarnovo and Arbanassi.
Enjoy a full-day tour to Bulgaria’s medieval capital. Admire some of the most spectacular sceneries that north Bulgaria has to offer. Take a walking tour in the iconic hill-fortress Tsarevets. Discover the way of life of 18th-century Bulgarian merchants and craftsmen by exploring the architectural reserve of Arbanassi. Try delicious local cuisine specialties.
Wear comfortable shoes for walking on cobbled streets. Sun lotion, sunglasses, and a hat. During the summer months, it may get very hot! The tour is not suitable for disabled people.
Children under the age of 6 years old will not be permitted on this tour.
Children between 6 years old and 12 years old are entitled to 50% (please inquire, the discount is applied manually).
Meeting point: Hotel pick-up at 8:30 am. Please be ready at the reception 10 mins before departure
Duration: 11-12 hours; 5.5-6 hrs spent in transfer time
Live guide: English language (for other languages please enquire)
Drop off: At your hotel
Best period: April – November
- Traventuria Ltd. shall not be held liable in cases of “force majeure” circumstances, herewith described as events which we or our subcontractors cannot predict or avoid, such as terrorist activity, strike, war or threat of war, riot, civil strike, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire, road accidents, traffic jams, vehicle breakdown, etc. Traventuria Ltd. will act and do whatever is possible to the best of its abilities in order to minimize the impact on the clients’ journey in such cases.
- Claims for missed flights, only partially or totally unused other services as a result of such circumstances will not be acknowledged in such cases.
- All cancellations should be made in writing to Traventuria Ltd. on our corporate email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations advised verbally to a company staff (i.e. drivers, tour guides, resort representatives) or in writing to other email addresses will not be considered as valid.
- The following cancellation charges (as a percentage of the total cost, but not less than the deposit) apply for cancellations made by clients for services in Bulgaria, booked through Traventuria Ltd.:
- > 30 days – 30%
- 29 – 15 days – 50%
- 14 – 9 days – 70%
- 8 days or less – 100%
- The following cancellation charges (as a percentage of the total cost, but not less than the deposit) apply for cancellations made by clients for services outside Bulgaria, booked through Traventuria Ltd.:
- > 41 days – 30%
- 40 days or less – 100%.
- For bookings, where a flight ticket is included, the clients should pay the charges levied by the airline concerned.
- If a ground service provided by Traventuria Ltd. is omitted by a client (e.g. transfer, tour, etc.) due to last-minute illness, flight cancellation, etc. this is considered “no-show” and no refund will be made.
- The same rule applies if a client decides to leave the holiday before its end. We will issue all the required documents, verifying the cancellation, which you can use for your insurance company.
Reviews for One-Day Tour To Veliko Tarnovo (Tsarevets) & Arbanassi From Sofia
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely