- 3 glasses of wine or beer.
- Local English speaking guide
- Additional food and drink
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Experience a literal taste for life in Lucca by participating in the aperitivo tradition
- Explore the hidden corners of this medieval city
- Enjoy a setting sun at a bar in the magnificent Amphitheatre Square
The flavors, the aromas, the colors, the smiles they're all part of life in Lucca. Learn more about the city as you sip your way through narrow streets and medieval squares. Artisanal beer, local wines, and even a top-secret liqueur will have you thirsty for more Lucca.
Your Lucca tour will start at the city’s train station, and from there we’ll walk past the majestic city walls and enjoy a view of Lucca before diving into local life. We’ll head to the city center, where the beautiful Romanesque marble Cathedral stands. Our first food stop will be in a local bakery where we will try cecina, a slice of traditional focaccia bread with unexpected ingredients, alongside a glass of Italian beer.
Well then head to a favorite local spot: San Michele in Foro Square. This is where locals come to meet up with one another, typically for a friendly chat in a nice coffee bar. Lucca’s locals love going for aperitivo after-work — meeting with friends and spending a few hours indulging in a glass of good wine and some savory snacks. And because this tour is all about showing you local life, of course, our first stop will be an old vineria, a small wine bar typical of the Tuscan tradition, where we’ll order a glass of wine with a snack. After a few minutes of walking through the attractive streets, we will reach Amphitheatre Square, the only oval square in Italy that takes the place of the typical Roman amphitheater.
We’ll finally relax with a glass of wine or artisan beer produced in the Garfagnana mountains — and, of course, you can’t sample Italian wine or beer without a side of cured meats and pecorino cheese. And if you want to truly go local, then we invite you to try the typical liqueur of Lucca, Biadina, made from a secret recipe and served with pine nuts. Your tour ends here but feels free to hang around, order another drink, and soak up the lively atmosphere of the square. Before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for more tips on what else to see, do, and eat during your stay in lovely Lucca.
What to wear
Please wear casual dress and comfortable shoes for walking.
- If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We'll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.