- Transportation in Air-conditioned Van
- Mexico Kan Tours Guide
- All entrance fees
- All activities in Punta Laguna
- Bicycle in Coba
- Guidance in Coba
- Lunch, Snacks and Drinks
Mayan Inland Expedition
Join us and explore the archaeological site of Coba, the Punta Laguna nature reserve and the Mayan culture and history with the local community.
Buy as a Gift
- Pick up and drop off outside of Tulum
- Any activity that is not mentioned in the itinerary
- Alcoholic drinks or coffee
- Towels and wet bags.
Why do we love this
If you are passionate and curious about the Mayan past and present, the spectacular nature of the Yucatan Peninsula and love eco-turism, this tour is perfectly designed for you!
This is suitable for your entire family and a very active tour since you will swim, go canoeing, bike and climb!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Coba is well-known for being an ancient Mayan city located in the Yucatan Peninsula. In recent years, some archaeologists discovered the ruins of huge pyramids, squares, palaces and monuments buried in the jungle for over 1000 years. Where to learn about Mayan civilization and local animals if not here? Here vegetation is dominant and covers half-excavated buildings, which comes out from tree roots and lush vines. You will have the opportunity to see several tropical bird species.
The city of Cobá is surrounded by several lagoons of small size, which have been essential for agriculture and the development of one of the largest settlement of the Classic period in north of Yucatán between 200-800 AD. Besides, five architectural groups are located around these small lakes and linked by a network of white roads of ancient origins. Nohoch Mul is a temple which is about 42m high (138 ft) and it will offer you a spectacular view over the majestic jungle, which seems as a green carpet covering an ancient city of 72km2 (45 square miles).
Join us and start your epic journey at 8:00 am - 8:30 am by exploring the spectacular archaological site of Coba though its history and a funny bike ride.
LUNCH IN A MAYAN FAMILY
Then, in the cozy village of Nuevo Durango, we will have a break and taste a delicious traditional homemade lunch with local ingredients offered by a local Mayan family. Here we will experience the Mayan culture to the fulliest! We will the be guided through their gardens, medicinal planta and project that helps endangered animals to be released into the wild.
PUNTA LAGUNA NATURE RESERVE
It's time to visit the Punta Laguna nature reserve!
The community of Punta Laguna, very conscious of tourism development, has decided to participate in eco-turism by stimulating activities whose aim is the preservation of their culture and the land. The fascinating natural environment, that characterizes this area, presents awesome lagoons, a cenote with splendid crystal clear waters and a majestic jungle with enourmous 100ft trees high. You won't miss the stunning bio-diversity of flora and fauna of this natural paradise. Indeed, the local community will guide us through the jungle to show us a numerous amount of different bird species, mammals orchids, insects and bromeliads. You will have the unique opportunity to see with your own eyes the incredible spider monkey, with whom the locals have a solid relationship built over the years. Then, you can go canoeing on the lake characterized by a turquoise color and enjoy an exciting zipline over the water.
To conclude our tour, we will swim in an extraordinary cenote, which is owned and run by a local family. So don't miss the opportunity to swim, jump or dive in this awesome natural pit and its waters. Then, we will end our epix trip at 5:00 - 6:00 pm.
We would like to recommend you to bring:
- Comfortable clothes and shoes (sandals ok)
- Bathing suit, sun glasses, towel
- Camera & binoculars
- Sun protection (preferably bio degradable, or clothes to aid with sun protection)
- Some cash
Mayan Inland Expedition
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Please note that there are no ATM machines in the area, nor do any of the vendors accept credit cards.
The guides appreciate tips for great service, and you are sure to leave with many great memories!
The use of safety vest is required in all boat tours (provided by Mexico Kan Tours)
- Each tour should be booked by leaving a deposit.
- In case of cancellation with more than 24 hrs. before the pickup, we won't charge anything and will give you back your deposit.
- In case of cancellation between 24 and 12 hrs. before the pickup, Mexico Kan Tours will keep your deposit.
- In case of cancellation with less than 12 hrs. before the pick up or in case of no show we will charge you 100% of the total amount of your tour.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- Pickup ( Zone 2 ) Departing from South of Playa del Carmen, south to Tulum city borders
- Pickup ( Zone 3) Departing from Within the city of Playa del Carmen
- Pickup ( Zone 4 ) Departing from North of Playa del Carmen, up to Puerto Morelos
- Pickup (Zone 1) Departing from Downtown Tulum, and Tulum beach