- 6 nights in our favourite budget accommodations
- Welcome dinner in Rome on the first night
- Welcome dinner in Sorrento
- 24h Hop on - Hop off bus ticket in Rome
- Amazing tour guides
WHERE WE VISIT
- Full day on the Amalfi Coast including Amalfi and Positano
- Boat tour to Capri island
- Transport from Rome to Sorrento and back by private coach
- Orientation walks in Rome, Sorrento, Naples
- Pompeii heritage sights
- Chill out on the beaches of Capri Island and see the Blue Grotto.
- Eat the best pizza in the world in Naples while sipping the traditional hazelnuts coffee
- Flights: Meet us at the accommodation and we will start from there. If you arrive a day earlier or wants to stay a day longer, let us know and we can organize the accommodation for you
- City taxes: Starting from next April 1st, 2012 all clients staying in any hotels/hostels/campsites in Italy have to pay a city tax. The fee is compulsory and needs to be paid directly on spot. In general, is between € 1 and € 3 per person per night
- Meals: were not specified however our guides will always have great recommendations about local and affordable restaurants for delicious meals.
- Entry tickets to museums and monuments
- Local Transport ( buses, taxi, metro, shuttle buses ): The destinations of interest are easy to reach on foot. Local transport if requested is not included in the price but tickets can be purchased on spot.
What to Expect
Day One: Arrival In Rome
Welcome to Italy! Begin by Check-in to your accommodation. At 5 pm, after a short introduction, you will all continue for an evening orientation walk of the Eternal city. You will walk by the Colosseum and the Roman forum to admire one of the most stunning Italian attractions as we go. This tour ends with a cosy dinner in a local restaurant to start appreciating the Italian cuisine and to get to know everyone better!
Day Two: The Sights Of Rome
Join us on the second day for another walk through the back streets of Rome. Don't miss the sights such as Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, the Spanish Steps, and Trevi Fountain. The next stop is the Vatican City, where you have free time to see St. Peter's Basilica at your comfort. If you want to see the Vatican museums and the Sistine Chapel with a licensed tour guide, book an additional tour!
Day Three: Free Time In Rome
On day three, we give you ample free time! Explore Rome on board the open double-decker hop on - hop off red bus with your 24h ticket ( included in the package). You can do some souvenir shopping, enter the main Roman monuments or relax.
Day Four: Pompeii & Sorrento
Join your guide in the morning to travel by bus to the picturesque South of Italy. The first stop will be Pompeii; you will have free time to enter the site and admire the antique Roman settlements. After Pompeii, we will continue to Sorrento, touring along the coast with spectacular views of the Vesuvio. After check-in, you will be taken for a walk around the city centre and to a local limoncello shop to taste and learn how this typical Italian liqueur is produced. In the evening enjoy a 4-course dinner based on traditional food of the area in a local restaurant in Sorrento.
Day Five: Boat Trip To Capri Island
In the morning, the boat will leave directly from our campsite at 8:30 am. We recommend you bring your bathers as you will have the chance to go for a swim! Once in Capri, you will have the chance to explore the island, relax on the beach, or take the lift up to the top of Mt. Solaro for a stunning view of the island and see the Blue Grotto. Take in everything on your own or tag along with the tour guide. The evening is all yours to spend as you wish.
Day Six: Positano And Amalfi Coast
Jump on a bus from the accommodation and drive onwards. During the journey, we will see the Galli Islands. These include the fishing villages of Praiano, Furore, and Positano. We will stop in Amalfi for 2 hours to taste the fresh "sfogliatella", visit the imposing Cathedral and relax at the beach with food in your hands. In the afternoon we will continue towards Positano, known as the gem of the Amalfi coast, where we will stay for 3 hours. Discover the town at your leisure, go for a swim and have a bite in one of the local shops.
Day Seven: Naples & Rome
Our private bus will come to pick us up from the accommodation in the morning, heading to Naples. Your tour guide will take you on a guided walk of the attractions, including Plebiscite Square, San Carlo theatre Umberto I 's gallery and lots more. You will also have the opportunity to taste the famous Neapolitan pizza with buffalo mozzarella. Then head back to the bus to return to Rome by 5 pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
We promote a youth market 18-39 years old. What does this mean? Does it mean that you have just had your 40th birthday so you won't be welcome if you are a more seasoned traveler? That we are going to card you at the door? No way!
It means that we have a general audience of college students, backpackers, solo travelers, etc... that often fall into this category. The tours are more fast-paced, budget-minded and include activities for travelers to meet and connect with other passengers of the same age from all parts of the world who share the same interests, lifestyles, and travel styles.
We are not strict with the age limit and people older than 39 are always welcome to join our tours as long as you are young in heart, have no walking disabilities and are happy to be with younger people.
Our brand is designed around this unique experience geared towards younger travelers, so only passengers that fit this demographic travel with us.
Don’t panic! The first step is to speak to your bank. All purchases made on our website will appear as purchases being made in Switzerland as our website booking provider is a Swiss-based company, so be sure your bank is aware you will be making Swiss purchases to avoid having your payment flagged as possible fraudulent activity. If you cannot resolve the problem with your bank, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately so we can proceed with a manual booking.
Let us start by saying that If you want to pay for one of your products but the Credit Card is in a different currency than the currency in which we sell our tours, then you have 2 options. This can be selected on the screen where you enter your credit card details by selecting "view currency conversion options":
TrekkSoft does the currency conversion to accept the customer's currency, exchanging that into the currency in which we operate our tours. This is called dynamic currency conversion since we display the actual USD price (Or whatever currency your card is in) to you at the time of booking and this is the amount which is debited from your card without any further conversions or charges.
The card issuer ( your bank) does this currency conversion and applies a commission and processing fee. So this is when a tour is in EUR for example, and you are charged in EUR even though your credit card account is in USD. So your bank gives you an exchange rate which you will only see on your monthly statement.
In either case, as we are not a bank, the conversion is not the same as you would see on the likes of xe.com since these are the wholesale currency values, these rates are not available to anyone in reality.
The retail rates are always higher since there are differences in buying selling rates, and there are commissions and transaction fees when exchanging currencies. Whatever currency you pay, we will receive the amount as displayed in EUR
This could either mean that the tour is sold out or that it is no longer possible to book the date online due to the cut off time. If you are interested in a specific departure date e-mail email@example.com and we will be happy to let you know if we still have available spots for that tour.
The hostels we collaborate with are very safe in fact in each room you can find a personal locker where you can store your valuable objects and bags. You just need to bring your own lock or sometimes you can hire it directly at the reception.
Depending on your nationality, you may require visas to enter Italy. You are fully responsible for obtaining all necessary visas prior to the departure of your trip. Italy on a Budget is not legally permitted to knowingly allow anybody who does not have a valid visa to join a trip. Consult your travel agent to determine which visas you require and how to obtain them.
Cancellation, unexpected medical expenses, injuries, theft, lost luggage or money can significantly disrupt and ruin your holiday. Italy on a Budget strongly recommends that you take our comprehensive insurance cover for cancellation, medical expenses, evacuation and repatriation expenses, personal accident, personal baggage, money, and public liability before you travel.
Upon receipt of the final payment, your trip documentation will be released 20 days prior to your departure containing final details and info about the accommodation. You will also receive a day by day itinerary including full details & costs of all optional activities available on your trip.
The optional activities need to be arranged and organized not later than 1 week prior to your arrival since they are subject to availability. You can either book the activities directly on our website or by email sent to our team. You can choose to pay in cash ( local currency ) directly to your trip manager on day one of your trip or by credit card if booked online.
- Tour Provider may not be held responsible for any delay, deviation, or cancellation due to weather conditions, traffic and national strikes even if as a result you miss a connecting service.
- Tour Provider reserves the right to cancel the tours when the weather conditions are considered to be dangerous for the client’s safety. In this case, Tour Provider will suggest taking the tour on a different day or the possibility to transfer the booking to a different tour of the same value. Alternatively, Tour Provider will issue the full refund of the activity paid
- Tour Provider may not be held responsible for any train national strikes. National strikes are outside the tour operator's control.
- Notice of cancellation must be made in writing to Tour Provider at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon cancellation, you will be liable to pay a fee to cover the estimate of the cost and expenses incurred by us in the terms of the schedule set out hereunder. This is expressed as a percentage of the holiday price and is calculated as follows:
- 30 days or more prior to departure: 0% of the tour fare
- 29 – 20 days: 30% of the tour fare
- 20 – 16 days: 50% of the tour fare
- 15 – 0 days: 100% of the tour fare
- No refund will be given to those clients who do not show up at the correct departure time and point, or to those who lose contact with the guide and therefore do not complete the excursion.
- It is the passenger's responsibility to get in touch with Tour Provider if running late to the meeting point or if you can’t find the guide to assist you as much as possible.
Reviews for 7 Day Trip Through South Italy From Rome!
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.