Learn the moves and skills of a Samurai in this immersive tour! After changing into tradition dohgi outfit, you'll learn terms such as "iai" (a technique to quickly remove your sword from its sheath) and "shuriken" (a small, star-shaped weapon made out of iron), which both symbolize the Samurai. Oh, and the best part? You'll be taught by a traditional swordsmith! Don't worry, no prior experience is necessary.
After Samurai training, refuel with lunch. You'll be served traditional Japanese cuisine. In the restaurant, see if you can spot the Unryu-Zu (A Dragon and Clouds) painting by Musashi Miyamoto. He's one of the most famous swordsmen in Japan!
Optional additions to your meal:
- Kenbu option: The demonstration of 'iai-giri' (the technique of drawing a sword and cutting) by a master swordsman and his disciples in the garden
- Live music performance: Shamisen and Koto played during your meal
- Zazen and tea ceremony option: Held in one of the guest rooms
If you wish to upgrade, please choose at the time of booking.
THINGS TO NOTE
- Meeting point: Restaurant “Shinminato” / 3-2-9 Hon-machi, Ohmuta-city, Fukuoka 836-0046
- Access: About a 3-minute walk from Omuta Station (JR Kagoshima Main Line or Nishitetsu Tenjin Omuta Line)
- Language support: Guide (English / Chinese), Menu instruction manual (English / Chinese)
- If you have food allergies or dietary restrictions, please let the tour know at the time of booking
- Free Wi-Fi