- An introduction to the history and spirit of tea ceremony given by the instructor (sit on a chair)
- Learn the manners of the tea ceremony and have Japanese sweets and Matcha tea (sit on a chair)
- Using the authentic tools, make tea by yourself (sit on a chair or on the tatami mat)
- An experience wearing kimono is available (separate booking is necessary)
- An upscale plan in a tatami-floored room is available (optional)
- Tea ceremony experience (including Matcha and sweets)
Participate in a Traditional Tea Ceremony — TokyoLearn the significance of tea drinking in Japan
- Participate in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony
- Learn how to make and drink tea
- Take heaps of photos to share with family and friends!
- Option to upgrade tour deal to dress in a kimono
What to Expect
Take part in a traditional tea ceremony in Japan. On this tour, you'll learn about the history of this ancient event, how to use the utensils, and participate in the ceremony.
For instance, you'll prepare Matcha according to the guidance of the instructor. The instructor will show you how to drink tea according to Japanese tradition. Be sure to take photos during the experience!
- Check-in: Introduction to the tea ceremony
- Demonstration of making tea
- Try making tea by yourself
- Commemorative photos
Things to note:
- Time: 40 to 50 minutes depending on the number of participants. If the kimono dressing plan is added, another 40 to 60 minutes are necessary
- Meeting point: JIDAIYA Meijikan / 2-3-5, Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0034
- A 1-minute walk from the Thunder Gate of Sensoji Temple
- A 3-minute walk from Exit 2 on Tokyo Metro Ginza Line
- A 1-minute walk from Exit A4 of Asakusa Station on Toei Asakusa Line/Tokyo Metro Ginza Line
- Language support: English, Japanese
- Children 6 years and over may take part in the program
- Free Wi-Fi
- A group of 8 or smaller may join other travellers' parties
- If you prefer to experience only by yourself, please let us know at the time of reservation
- If you should come late, the time may be shortened or cancelled. Please come in early
This tour's advertised price and net rate does not include the Japanese Consumption Tax.
- 7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
- 3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
- The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
- Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely