- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- An unforgetable 3 hour cruise of Doubtful Sound onboard the Patea Explorer (Fiordland Navigator or M.V. Sinbad may substitute)
- Fun boat ride across Lake Manapouri
- Relaxing coach trip over the epic Wilmot Pass
- Drive through Fiordland’s beautiful rainforest
- Delicious selection of hot drinks
- Commentary by a knowledgeable Skipper
- Wildlife viewing, including dolphins, fur seals and even occasionally penguins
Doubtful Sound Cruise Departing Manapouri, Te Anau or QueenstownDiscover the wonder of New Zealand's second most-famous tourist destination, the stunning Doubtful Sound
What to Expect
This guided cruise across Doubtful Sound is the perfect opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the spectacular scenery of New Zealand. Doubtful Sound, located in Fiordland, is the second-most-popular attraction in New Zealand thanks to its pristine wilderness, captivating mountains and natural wildlife.
You will depart from the visitor's center at 10am from Manapouri. Then, it's time for a one-hour cruise across Lake Manapouri to West Arm. Once there, you will head to Manapouri Power Station to board a 45-minute bus over Wilmott Pass. Your cruise boat will be waiting for you when you arrive.
On this tour, you will cruise across the sound for three hours, which will allow plenty of time to soak up your gorgeous surroundings. Be sure to have your camera ready, as you may spot dolphins or perhaps even penguins amongst other sea and sky creatures. Feel free to bring a packed lunch to enjoy as you sail. Snacks are avaible for purchase on board; cash only.
After your tour, you will return to shore, where your bus driver will be waiting to return you to West Arm. Then, you will cruise back to Manapouri.
Departure info: Cruise departs at 10am from the Steamer Wharf, 88 Beach Street.
- Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruise - Manapouri Departure
FromNZD $199Check AvailabilityNext available: Tomorrow
- Doubtful Sound Cruise and Coach – Te Anau Departure
FromNZD $209Check AvailabilityNext available: Tomorrow
- Doubtful Sound Cruise and Coach – Queenstown Departure
FromNZD $229Check AvailabilityNext available: Tomorrow
Frequently Asked Questions
The cruise departs Manapouri at 10am.
From Manapouri it is approx. 7 hours and 30 minutes.
Non-slip shoes/boots, waterproof jacket, warm sweater/fleece jacket, sunscreen/sunglasses, insect repellent and camera.
As this is a 7 hour adventure, we highly recommend you bring a packed lunch.
- Cut off time for bookings is 6pm the night prior.
- The supplier (and associated companies) reserves the right to amend timetables, cancel departures, substitute plant and equipment and alter ticket prices at any time.
- All travellers accept responsibility for all personal items taken on any experience and are personally liable for these items at all times. The supplier is not responsible for the loss/damage to personal items taken on this experience at any time.
- All travellers accept that the supplier is not responsible for any injury incurred during this experience as a result of carrying personal items on their person. All travellers do so at their own risk.
- The sighting of wildlife is not a guarantee and lack of wildlife sightings is not considered reason for refund.
- Transfers: Reservations can be transferred to another date (subject to availability) up to 24 hours prior to departure with no transfer fee incurred.
- Cancellations: Cancellations must be received 24 hours prior to trip departure. Trips are non-refundable after this point.
- We reserve the right to cancel trips or substitute another river or section of river for safety reasons.
- Real Journeys Visitor Centre Queenstown
- Real Journeys Visitor Centre Te Anau
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely