- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 6 hr small-group tour of the highlights of Napier & Hawkes Bay
- Drive through Napier's world-famous Art Deco architecture & suburbs
- Visit Bluff Hill Lookout & Te Mata Peak for breathtaking views
- Drive through the historic fishing port of Ahuriri & see the famous National Tobacco Co building
- Indulge in a wine tasting at the Mission Estate, New Zealand's oldest working winery
- Explore beautiful Birdwoods Gallery & Sculpture Garden
- Satisfy a sweet tooth with a stop & tastings at Arataki Honey Visitor Centre & Silky Oak Chocolate Co
- Transport onboard an air-conditioned minibus with a maximum of 12 passengers
- Services of a friendly, knowledgeable local driver/guide to show you all the highlights
- Optional pick-ups from any central Napier location
- Departs from the meeting point at the car park of the National Aquarium of New Zealand, 546 Marine Parade, Napier South, Napier
- Lunch & additional drink or snack purchases
What to Expect
This comprehensive small-group tour is an excellent way to discover the highlights of Napier and Hawkes Bay. See the incredible Art Deco architecture, sample some wine, chocolate and honey, and marvel at the views from Te Mata Peak and Bluff Hill Lookout, plus many more exciting sites.
The tour departs from the meeting point at the National Aquarium of New Zealand car park on Marine Parade in Napier. From there, you'll board the minibus for 6 hrs of sightseeing.
Start with an exploration of Napier's world-famous Art Deco city as your guide shares the tragic story of destruction by an earthquake in 1931 and the subsequent rebuild of the city as the Art Deco Capital of the world. You'll also visit the suburb of Marewa to see the stunning Art Deco houses there.
Next, drive through the historic fishing port of Ahuriri and see the famous National Tobacco Co building, with its unique pink and cream facade.
Then, prepare yourself for the incredible views from Bluff Hill Lookout and Te Mata Peak. Bluff Hill is the former site of an artillery battery with panoramic views over Hawke's Bay and the coastal scenery. Meanwhile, Te Mata Peak stands 399 metres above the Heretaunga Plains. Take in the views of Ruahine, Kaweka and Maungaharuru Ranges and Cape Kidnappers. On a clear day, you can even see Ruapehu in the centre of the North Island.
As you travel around, drive through the beautiful open countryside taking in rivers, estuaries and farmland.
Having worked up quite the appetite, stop for lunch (own expense) at Birdwoods Gallery, offering local wines & beers, an art gallery, a traditional-style sweet shop, plus a beautiful sculpture garden.
Continue tempting your tastebuds with a wine tasting at Mission Estate, New Zealand's oldest working winery, established in 1851. Today, the cellar door sits in an elegantly restored seminary building nestled in the Taradale hills.
The following two stops are perfect for those with a sweet tooth. Sample some of the finest chocolate at Silky Oak Chocolate Co before stopping at Arataki Honey Visitor Centre. It's the largest beekeeping business in the Southern Hemisphere. You can try New Zealand's unique Manuka honey, watch live bees at work, and learn more about the extraction and packing of delicious honey.
Finally, you'll return to central Napier, with drop-off back at the National Aquarium of New Zealand.
Where we Visit:
- Art Deco areas of Napier, including Marewa
- National Tobacco Co building
- Bluff Hill Lookout
- Te Mata Peak
- Birdwoods Gallery & Sweet Shop
- Mission Estate
- Silky Oak Chocolate Co
- Arataki Honey Visitor Centre
Frequently Asked Questions
The bus is able to accommodate one walker or folding wheelchair with small wheels per tour – please enquire before booking. All passengers will need to be able to enter and leave a minibus using the steps provided.
Sunglasses, sun hats, light jackets in case of rain, sunblock and your cameras!
- The minimum age is 8 years, & all children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum numbers apply for this tour to depart. There is a minimum of 2 passengers to book unless there are already others booked on the same tour
- The Operator reserves the right to alter, modify or cancel a tour due to bad weather, unsafe conditions or at the request of governmental, park, & state agencies
- The Operator assumes no responsibility for injuries, delays caused by breakdowns, accidents, adverse weather conditions and other conditions beyond their control
- The Operator is not responsible for any loss or damage to property
- Fee of 100% if the booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- Fee of 50% if the booking is cancelled 6 days or less before the event
- A full refund of monies received if your cruise ship fails to enter the port
Reviews for A Grand Day Out in Hawkes Bay
Get Instant Confirmation