- Enjoy a scenic stand-up paddleboard tour
- Learn about the area on this guided tour
- Enjoy 2 hours of incredible scenery as the sun sets
- See the Rotorua Lakes like never before as you paddle at twilight
- Explore a hidden cavern full of glow-worms
- Stay warm in a complimentary wetsuit
- Pick-up and return included
- Gear hire included in price
bottle of water
a sense of adventure
Why Do We Love This
This is a SUP tour with a difference. We love the fact that you get to see Rotorua Lakes by night and get a whole different perspective on the area. Oh, and the visit to the glow worm cave is pretty cool too!
What to Expect
Get ready to discover a whole new side to the Rotorua Lakes. This stand-up paddle boarding tour takes place at twilight, so you'll get to see a whole different world on the water. As night falls, watch the water glisten and sparkle with the fading sun and discover hidden gems at the water's edge. This is a unique tour that shows you the lakes from a different perspective. Lit by the fading sun and with the last shimmers of daylight in the water, it's truly something magical.
Your adventure starts on the shuttle ride to the lakes, as you pass iconic Rotorua scenery on your journey.
Once you arrive, it's time to gear up and get exploring. All gear hire is included in the tour price.
As night falls, paddle your way around the pristine water, soaking in the natural surrounds and stunning backdrop.
Next, venture into the unknown as you float through a series of secret hidden caves that are home to a galaxy formation of glow-worms. These sparkling insects look like stars above you, the perfect way to end your magic twilight trip.
Later, hit the road back to Rotorua. Trade paddling stories with your new friends and relive the adventures of your night.
Please allow 3 hours for this tour. Shuttle service to and from Rotorua accommodation or the I-site in central Rotorua is included.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bottle of water
Head torch (if you have one)
A sense of adventure
Minimum Age is 10 (with guardian), 18 (without guardian)
No! It's easy to learn.
- Discount applies on the proviso more than 1 person be on the tour or an existing tour be operating.
- We will do our best to get in touch well in advance if the weather looks bad, unfortunately sometimes mother nature wins. If our regulations allow us to operate then we will operate.
- A weight limit of 105kg applies.
- There is an age limit for this tour. The minimum age is 10 years old.
- 10-17 year old persons must be supervised by a responsible adult (18 or over).
What to bring:
- Warm swimwear such as a wetsuit, or board shorts and thermal leggings and thermal top and jacket.
- Your own water/snacks/drinks/hot drink (these can be left in the van).
- Towel and warm clothes to get changed into after the tour.
- A sense of fun and adventure.
- A waterproof camera or go-pro etc if you have one.
- A head torch.
- We cannot guarantee that the glow worms will be glowing - (though they have been amazing on every tour we have taken so far). We will endeavour to get in touch with you as soon as possible should the weather conditions prove unfavorable - we operate under a strict safety case policy which is impacted significantly by weather conditions.
Both the Operator and any Agent (including their respective employees, agents, officers and directors) exclude, to the fullest extent possible under law, all and any liability for any loss, damage or injury (whether direct or indirect or consequential, however arising) suffered by the Guest or any person associated with the Guest in relation to the booked activity. All activities have elements of risk and all guests undertaking any activity do so voluntarily and at their own risk. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, all warranties, representations and implied terms are also excluded. The Operator reserves all rights to cancel any Activity at its discretion for (but not limited to) any of the following reasons: a) lake, road or weather conditions; b) lack of numbers participating in the Activity; c) unsuitability of Guest(s) due to reasons such as age, ill health, poor fitness, intoxication or any other reasons rendering a Guest unsuitable or unfit to participate in the Activity; d) any other circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of the Operator. All Guests agree to adhere to any instructions in relation to the Activity from the Operator at all time. These terms are subject to rights and remedies you have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 2003.
Refund policy: No refunds within 24 hours of departure unless the Operator cancels the activity due to lake, road or weather conditions. Otherwise, refunds are granted solely at the discretion of the Agent according to the Operator's cancellation policy. Refunds may only be obtained from the Booking Agent.
- NO PICK-UP - Meeting at the Lake
- Rotorua i-SITE Visitor Information Centre
Reviews for Twilight SUP Glow Tour Rotorua
Get Instant Confirmation