- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 3 hr Voyagers of the Pacific Luau, with oceanfront seating overlooking Kailua Bay
- Live entertainment including island stories & South Pacific song & dance
- A delicious Hawaiian luau dinner with island fare & local specialties
- Mai Tais, cocktails, beer, wine, & non-alcoholic drinks
- Departs from the meeting point at 75-5852 Alii Drive, Kailua-Kona
Royal Kona Voyagers of the Pacific Lu‘auFeel the Spirit of Aloha at this oceanfront luau & discover Hawaiian culture through through food, music & entertainment.
What to Expect
Experience the fascinating history and culture of the Polynesian and Hawaiian islands with a captivating show on the shores of Kailua Bay.
As the sun sets on the legendary sands of the Island of Hawaii, the excitement of the Royal Kona Voyagers of the Pacific Lu‘au, presented by award-winning Tihati Productions, comes to life. Spectacular ocean views, awe-inspiring sunsets and the gentle sound of waves softly breaking on the lava shore provide a breathtaking backdrop for an unforgettable journey.
Your evening begins with a warm Aloha shell lei welcome and photo opportunities. You'll also have a chance to participate in arts and crafts demonstrations and watch the unearthing of the pua’a (pig) from the Imu (Hawaiian underground oven).
Then, it's time to indulge in a Hawaiian-style assisted buffet and full bar. In addition to the traditionally cooked pua’a, savour authentic island fare like teriyaki beef and fresh-catch fish. Island-inspired side dishes like Hawaiian sweet potatoes, coconut rolls and sweet potato-macaroni salad deliver an authentic taste of the Big Island, while decadent pineapple upside-down cake and coconut cake offer a sweet finale. Sip Mai Tais, beer, wine, and soft drinks as you embrace local culture and radiant sunsets.
The evening culminates with the breathtaking presentation of the stories, songs and dances of Hawaii and the South Pacific ending with the most dangerous dance in all of Polynesia – the Samoan fire knife dance (Siva Afi).
Gates open at 4:30 pm, with dinner service from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm, and the luau performance taking place from 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm. Due to Covid precautions, seating is pre-assigned and is subject to availability.
Where we Visit:
- Voyagers of the Pacific Luau at Royal Kona Resort
Frequently Asked Questions
Ample parking is available at the Royal Kona Resort for just $5 per vehicle.
The Voyagers of the Pacific features a variety of great food choices from the assisted buffet for almost every taste - including vegetarian and vegan choices as well as gluten-free options to accommodate guests with food allergies or food intolerances.
The Luau is outdoors in a casual, family-oriented environment. It's suggested you dress comfortably and wear closed-toe walking shoes. Check your local weather report as conditions can change quickly.
- During the summer months, wear light clothing but be aware the temperature may drop quite a bit after the sun goes down. Bring sunscreen, a light sweater, sunglasses and a hat.
- During the winter months, wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts. You may also want to bring a sweater or light jacket with you as well.
- Times may vary based on seasonality and daylight. Furthermore, shows are weather inclement
- The Operator will be following all Hawaii state and county mandates outlined for safe operation and has implemented additional sanitation procedures and recommended best practices to provide a safe and healthy experience
- Seating is pre-assigned and is subject to availability
- 24 hours advanced notice is required for cancellations
- Reservations cancelled with less than a 24-hour notice will be charged full price
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely