- A historical lunch cruise to learn about the island
- A historian who shares Hawaiian history, stories, and legends relating to landmarks along 12 miles of magnificent Kona coastline
- Complimentary lunch - sandwiches, chips, tropical fruits, and cookies
- A 95% chance you'll see spinner dolphins during your cruise
- Possibly humpback whale spotting if you join in the winter months
Kealakekua Bay Historical Lunch Cruise
Learn about the history of the Kona Coast during a lunch cruise!
WHAT TO EXPECT
This tour is a guided historical lunch cruise to Kealakekua Bay and Captain Cook's monument to capture your imagination and reveal the secrets of the Big Island. Unwind along the way as the tour serves lunch and beverages. You can also enjoy your favorite libation from a full-service cash bar.
A historian will share Hawaiian history, stories, and legends while keeping watch for seasonal humpback whales and dolphins along 12 miles of the magnificent Kona coastline. You'll visit famous points of interest including the Ahu'ena Heiau, the Holua slide, and the famous Kuamo'o Battlefield. On the loop back to the pier, enjoy Hawaiian music and the ocean breeze.
This 2.5-hour cruise offers a complimentary lunch (includes sandwiches, chips, tropical fruits, and cookies), a historical guide, and dolphin spotting opportunities. The boat cruises Kealakekua Bay and Captain Cook’s Monument. The cruise is complemented by first-class amenities on board a state-of-the-art 65-foot catamaran.
Enjoy plenty of shade, cushioned seating, flat-screen televisions, a full sound system for live entertainment, and a full-service premium cash bar. A portion of all proceeds from this historical cruise is donated to the Kona Historical Society for the preservation, restoration, and education of the culture and history of the Kona Coast.
Kealakekua Bay Historical Lunch Cruise
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Where does the tour depart?
The tour is on the Big Island of Hawaii and departs from the Kailua Pier in the heart of Kailua Kona on the west side, approximately six miles south of Keahole Kona Airport.
Will I get seasick?
The bigger the boat, the more stable it is. The vessel is 65 feet in length with a 30-foot beam - it's the largest boat of its kind on the Kona Coast. It’s a totally different experience than being on a smaller boat or a raft. If you know you are prone to seasickness, it's recommended you take Bonine or Dramamine the night before and one several hours before your cruise. Please read the directions to see that you are able to take this medication. You are more likely to feel better on the lower deck of the vessel as there is less pitch. The tour also offers complimentary ginger pills and a ginger drink, which is great for motion sickness.
What should I bring?
A light weight jacket and comfortable flat shoes. The tour accepts all major credit cards.
Does the tour provide hotel pickup?
The tour does not provide hotel pick-ups. The vessel departs from downtown Kailua Kona, at the north end of Alii Drive from the Kailua Pier. Taxis, Uber, and Lyft are options for transportation if you’re staying outside of walking distance.
- Boarding is 30 minutes prior to departure time at the Kailua Pier.
- Due to heavy traffic and road construction, please allow extra drive time for traffic delays. The following are the current suggested drive times:
- Kailua-Kona - 30 Minutes
- Keauhou - 45 Minutes
- Waikoloa Resorts - 1.5 Hours
- Hilo & Volcano - 3 Hours
- The Kailua Pier is located in the heart of downtown Kailua Kona, oceanfront of the King Kamehameha Courtyard Marriott Kona Beach Hotel.
- Free parking is available a block up from the pier.
- The tour has a 48 hour cancellation policy. That means you can cancel your reservation without penalty up to 48 hours before your reservation date. Once inside the 48 hours prior to your tour, if you choose to cancel your reservation, you will still be responsible for payment in full.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews