- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 1 hr 45 min whale watching tour off the south coast of Maui
- Opportunity to spot migrating humpback whales, plus hear them on the hydrophone
- Non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water, juice, & soda
- Transport on board a custom-built super raft, that's faster & smaller for better access
- Departs from the meeting point at 11 Ma’alaea Harbor Rd, Ma’alaea, Maui
- Any fuel surcharge
What to Expect
Join an intimate Maui whale watch adventure aboard the Reef Explorer.
Whale season on Maui is a magical time, and it begins each December when thousands of Humpback Whales return to give birth in the protected waters of the Hawaiian Islands. These small-group whale watch trips inside Maui’s Marine Humpback Sanctuary let you get up close and intimate viewing.
The fast and agile super raft stays away from crowds and sits at water level, giving guests a close to the water feeling while seeing these creatures tail slap, wave fins and show off a full-body breach! Take in the views while the seasoned guides educate you about whale behaviour.
Reef Explorer is equipped with an onboard hydrophone to allow passengers to listen below the surface, as whales communicate with each other and their newly born calves! It also boasts luxury seating, ample shade, onboard restrooms, and an ultra-smooth ride.
Where we Visit:
- Maui’s Marine Humpback Sanctuary
Frequently Asked Questions
Sunscreen, camera, light jacket or windbreaker, cash for gratuity (optional).
Reef Explorer is a 60 ft. state of the art custom-built Super Raft. Offering an ultra-stable and smooth ride, she provides the luxury of a large boat with the agility and fun of a raft.
Yes, Reef Explorer has two full-size bathrooms onboard.
The tour departs from Maalaea Harbor and Reef Explorer boards from the South Loading Dock, located at the end of the pier next to Calypso.
Public Parking is available in Ma’alaea Harbor and all along the pier, including spots close to the boat. Parking is $0.50/hour. Pay for 5 hours ($2.50). You can pay with cash or credit card.
- Guests should arrive 15 min before the departure time
- The minimum age is 4 years, &all passengers must be ticketed. No infants or lap children
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, elderly or fragile individuals
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance for a refund
- No refunds are given for no show or late arrival reservations
Reviews for Maui Whale Watch Adventure
Get Instant Confirmation