- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us!
- All taxes included
- Dive deep into the story of the star of the hit musical Hamilton in NYC’s most historic neighborhood
- Take a peek at Hamilton’s gravesite, located in one of the most historic churchyards in town
- Discover the origins of the New York Stock Exchange and Wall Street’s many other financial institutions
- Grab a pint at the tavern where Hamilton and Burr broke bread for the last time before their infamous duel
- Get an introduction to a few favorite financial district food stops
- Food and drinks, souvenirs and items of a personal nature, and tips/gratuities for your guide.
What to Expect
With the success of the hit musical Hamilton, this tour was created to help people understand how an illegitimate immigrant finds his way to New York, remakes himself, and becomes one of America's most brilliant, charismatic, and controversial founding fathers! Walk in the footsteps of Alexander Hamilton through New York City’s oldest neighborhood, the financial district, and discover how this famous New Yorker has his fingerprints on nearly every landmark these streets have to offer.
This adventure begins at Trinity Church, where Hamilton was buried as a result of one of the darkest days in American political history. Learn how Hamilton arrived in America on the eve of a revolution and quickly became one of the most influential minds of his day, only to be shot dead before his 50th birthday. The tour will stop by Zuccotti Park and uncover how more recent revolutionary movements like Occupy Wall Street trace their roots to Hamilton’s ambitious plans for American prosperity.
Next, you’ll learn how Hamilton’s role as America’s first Secretary of the Treasury ultimately led to the creation of the New York Stock Exchange. Across the street sits Federal Hall, where Hamilton looked on as George Washington was sworn in as the nation's first president and where he served in the first cabinet. You’ll then check out the two Wall Street skyscrapers that still stand as reminders of the epic feud between Hamilton and Burr, one emblazoned with the name of one of our more recent politicians and local celebrities, Donald Trump.
Finally, you’ll make your way down the first paved street in New York City to one of the oldest bars in town where Hamilton himself used to drink with George Washington. Along the entire route, you will discover not only Hamilton’s history in New York but also how he epitomizes the American Dream, created the modern world we live in, inspired many wealthy leaders who continue to shape this city and world, and finally, how he wrestled with the questions of wealth, privilege, and power in ways that are just as relevant today as they were in the 1700s.
Stroll the streets of New York’s oldest neighborhood and retrace the steps of one of America's founding fathers, Mr. Alexander Hamilton, on this tour. Discover how Wall Street, the Stock Exchange, and the US financial system began with this young immigrant. This tour ends at the historic Fraunces Tavern where you have the option of complimenting your stroll through history with a pint at this colonial New York landmark.
Pickup: Bowling Green Park, northeast of the fountain across from 26 Broadway (at Beaver Street)
Frequently Asked Questions
Departs at 3:00pm from Bowling Green Park, northeast of the fountain across from 26 Broadway (at Beaver Street).
Entrance to Trinity Church, 75 Broadway, New York, NY 10006.
Comfortable walking shoes, vaccination card, and a government ID.
This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour.
Reviews for New York City Hamilton Tour
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
Dress standard: Please dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather as much of the tour takes place outside.
Your Trip: You will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above.
Exclusions — Prices do not include:
- Tips and gratuities — If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers, a tip — though not compulsory — is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many the tour's destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on your tour.
- Items of a personal nature — These may include snacks, meals, and drinks not outlined as an inclusion in the inclusions section of the tour description.
- Baggage and personal insurance — It is highly recommended that each traveller obtain adequate insurance for their travels, including for the Urban Adventure(s) they have booked.
- Local taxes and fees — Unless otherwise stated, the price does not include any local taxes or fees, including foreign departure, security, port charges, park fees, customs, immigration, agricultural, passenger facility charges, or international transportation tax.
Travellers must adhere to the start time set out in the product information on their voucher. We start on time, so please allow enough time to be at the start point before your official start time on your voucher. If you know you are going to be late, please contact us on the phone number on your voucher and we'll do our best to help you catch up. If a traveller hasn't arrived on time and without any contact, the tour will consider the traveller to be a "no show" and the tour will start without them and no refund will be provided. The following start point(s) are outlined in the tour information and on the confirmation voucher:
- Pick-up — If a pick-up is included in the tour, the times the service will be provided are listed in the product information and on the voucher (for example, 8.30 to 9.00am). The traveller should wait in the lobby of their pick-up point during the designated pick-up times.
- Meeting point — If a meeting point is set for the tour, one time will be set as the start time (for example, 8.30am). The traveller should be waiting at the designated start point at the designated start time. It is recommended that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
Cancellations by the traveller: Cancellation fees – Cancellation fees may apply to any cancellations by the traveller of a service provided by The Operator. Unless otherwise specified, the cancellation policy is as follows: Cancellations for set tours and made more than 48 hours prior to travel receive a full refund; Cancellations for set tours made 48 hours or less prior to travel require the traveller to pay for the tour in full, and no refund will be issued. Cancellations for custom itineraries ("Create Your Own") are as follows:
- 60+ days to departure – Full refund
- 59 - 31 days to departure – 50% cancellation fee
- 30 days and under to departure – 100% cancellation fee
Cancellations by The Operator: They may cancel a tour at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability, or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your tour, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or, alternatively, receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking, including but not limited to visas, travel insurance, or non-refundable flights.
In the case of customers travelling on a Multi-City Explorer Pass, if a tour is cancelled by The Operator, the traveller will receive a refund for the cost of that trip only, and only if the total value of tours booked with the pass at the end of the 30-day period is less than the total price paid for the pass. If a tour is cancelled by The Operator and the value of the bookings with the pass are equal to or greater than the value of the pass, the traveller will receive a 25% discount on a future single tour booking.
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation