- 2 hours of whale watching off the coast of Oahu
- Options for the boat: morning boat ride on a fast powerboat or afternoon tour on sailing catamaran
- Whale spotting guaranteed
- Possibility to spot dolphins!
- Soda, juice, and water on board
- This tour is only available when in-season, DECEMBER through APRIL
2 Hour Waikoloa Whale Watching Tour
Spot whales off the coast of Hawaii!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Hawaii is the only place in the United States where humpback whales mate, calve, and nurse their young. Every December through April, thousands of humpback whales migrate to the warm waters of Hawaii. Join this tour to spot these beautiful mammals on an exciting eco-friendly whale watching excursion. These trips are dedicated just to whale-watching. You can choose the morning tour on a powerboat or the afternoon tour on a sailing catamaran.
The humpback whale is an endangered species as a result of commercial whaling. In 1993, 4,000 of the 6,000 remaining whales in the North Pacific Ocean came to Hawaii. After the international ban on commercial whaling, North Pacific humpback whale populations increased to about 21,000. At least half to two-thirds of these humpbacks frequent Hawaiian waters during the winter months.
At birth, whale calves can weigh up to 3,000 pounds and are between 10 and 15 feet in length. As they mature, adult humpback whales can reach up to 40 feet in length and weigh over 40 tons. They have plate-like bristles known as baleen in their mouths instead of teeth and feed on krill or schools of fish. Because they're so big and love jumping out of the water, you can easily spot these incredible mammals on a whale watching tour!
Be whisked away on the powerboat, Sea Dreams II to see marine wildlife such as dolphins and turtles year-round, or whales during whale season December through April. Sightsee along the stunning Waianae coastline and enjoy a fast and fun powerboat ride. The cruise includes dry snacks, soda, juice and water. The sailing catamaran Spirit of Oahu offers a slower ride and less chance of getting wet during the afternoon tour.
Seasonal differences: Whale watching is from DECEMBER through APRIL. Dolphins & turtles can be seen year-round.
Wildlife guaranteed: If you don't see marine wildlife, come back again one more time for free! (Re-rides only, no refunds. A re-ride is on a trip of equal or lesser value).
2 Hour Waikoloa Whale Watching Tour
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Where does this tour depart?
Tour departs from 85-491 Farrington Hwy, Waianae, HI 96792
- IMPORTANT REQUIRED STEP: Separately you will receive an email for the Health Clearance waiver to be done by each individual in your party participating in a Hawaii Nautical/Port Waikiki Cruises activity. Parents/guardians also submit a form for each person 17 and under. Answer all questions, review health and safety precautions, and sign the waiver acknowledgment within one day of your scheduled activity.
- You MUST have cleared the state's mandatory 10-day quarantine after airplane travel (Hawaii residents and visitors alike), or have a pre-travel negative test waiver validated by the State or full-vaccination waiver as of 7/8/21.
- Guests and staff must wear cloth face masks in fully enclosed areas of the boats.
- Hand-washing sinks are available so all guests and staff can sanitize hands.
- All handheld surfaces are disinfected before and after each trip.
- Any trips that include food are prepackaged & single-serve. All consumption must be outside of cabin area. Guests may not bring their own food or beverage aboard, except for infants & toddlers. No alcohol may be brought aboard.
- Visitors and staff also must adhere to all current quarantine policies
- Attire: Come in shoes that you don't mind getting sandy, and are easy to remove. Casual clothing is recommended for all trips. On snorkel trips we suggest wearing swim trunks and a t-shirt for men, and a swimsuit under shorts or a wrap for ladies. There are shaded, covered and dry areas of this boat, and also optional areas such as the front nets where you can enjoy sea spray and more wind. Restrooms for changing are aboard the catamaran.
- Regulations prohibit boats from approaching within 100 yards of a whale and you should never swim with or touch whales or any other marine mammals.
- The Holona (9:45 trip) is a power boat that is quick and comfortable. There is storage beneath each saddle-style seat for dry storage of a small bag or purse and a take-along towel.
- The Catamaran (1:45 trip) has more areas in the cabin for dry storage of bags.
- Refunds are provided only with cancellation confirmed at least 24 hours prior to a ticketed event.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews