- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us!
- All taxes included
- Get to know the real South Philly from a local perspective
- Discover the hidden gems of some of the most historic neighborhoods in America
- Admire Isaiah Zagar’s beautiful one-of-a-kind mosaics at Magic Gardens
- Wander among the colorful stalls and enjoy the tastes of the shops, cafes, and restaurants at the Italian Market
- Glimpse into one of the city’s most charming neighborhoods and end the tour on Philly's eclectic South Street
South Philly Neighborhood Walking TourArt, culture, diversity, and the spirit of Rocky lives on in South Philly!
- Personal shopping
- Tips and gratuities for your guide
What to Expect
Take on the diversity of Philly in the best way possible – local style! Begin your Philadelphia neighborhood tour on the ever-colorful South Street. Follow your local guide through the streets of the Bella Vista neighborhood for your first glimpse of some beautiful mosaics. The tour will swing by a historic deli, duck into a tempting bakery, and marvel at the sights, smells, and sounds of the famous Italian Market.
The Italian Market is the oldest and largest everyday open-air market in America, and you’ll soon understand why it is one of Philly’s must-see attractions. Tempt your taste buds as you wander past the myriad of local stores carrying everything from cheese, chocolate, spices, and olive oils, to the best bakeries, butcher shops, and produce stalls. The tour will take the time to mix with business owners and residents, taste some samples, and hear stories of early immigrants to the city. It was also here that Rocky ran through the streets on one of his famous training runs — feel free to recreate this scene yourself!
You'll continue this Philadelphia city tour with Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens, which showcases the mosaic art of Isaiah Zagar. This amazing place includes a fully mosaicked indoor gallery and a massive outdoor labyrinthine mosaic structure. Here your guide will fill you in on the local tales of this area, giving you the opportunity to ask them any questions you may have about this classic Philly spot.
Your tour concludes at the Magic Gardens. From here, your guide can provide recommendations on where to go to eat, drink, and shop along Philly’s eclectic and dynamic South Street.
Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- Included on this tour is admission to Magic Gardens, a non-profit organization that focuses on community development and outreach by offering educational programming, performances, and workshops to the public. Highlighting the artwork sparks discussion around topics including diversity, as well as conversations around depression and other mental health issues.
Meeting point: Corner of 9th & South Streets, outside New Image Art & Framing. 601 South 9th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147
Frequently Asked Questions
Departs at 10:00am from the corner of 9th & South Streets, outside New Image Art & Framing. 601 South 9th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147.
This tour ends in the Bella Vista neighborhood, with access to convenient transportation.
Comfortable walking shoes and a government ID. Check the weather in case you may need a rain jacket!
This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour.
Most tours will go ahead in all weather conditions. However, if tours are canceled under extreme circumstances, your guide will contact you to move your tour to another day.
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, some food samples, admission to the mosaic gallery.
Dress standard: A good pair of comfortable walking shoes is advisable. Make sure to check the weather report for rain!
Your Trip: This trip is offered on a "join-in" basis. Maximum group size is 12.
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour.
Exclusions — Prices do not include:
- Tips and gratuities — If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers, a tip — though not compulsory — is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many the tour's destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on your tour.
- Items of a personal nature — These may include snacks, meals, and drinks not outlined as an inclusion in the inclusions section of the tour description.
- Baggage and personal insurance — It is highly recommended that each traveller obtain adequate insurance for their travels, including for the Urban Adventure(s) they have booked.
- Local taxes and fees — Unless otherwise stated, the price does not include any local taxes or fees, including foreign departure, security, port charges, park fees, customs, immigration, agricultural, passenger facility charges, or international transportation tax.
Travellers must adhere to the start time set out in the product information on their voucher. We start on time, so please allow enough time to be at the start point before your official start time on your voucher. If you know you are going to be late, please contact us on the phone number on your voucher and we'll do our best to help you catch up. If a traveller hasn't arrived on time and without any contact, the tour will consider the traveller to be a "no show" and the tour will start without them and no refund will be provided. The following start point(s) are outlined in the tour information and on the confirmation voucher:
- Pick-up — If a pick-up is included in the tour, the times the service will be provided are listed in the product information and on the voucher (for example, 8.30 to 9.00am). The traveller should wait in the lobby of their pick-up point during the designated pick-up times.
- Meeting point — If a meeting point is set for the tour, one time will be set as the start time (for example, 8.30am). The traveller should be waiting at the designated start point at the designated start time. It is recommended that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
Cancellations by the traveller: Cancellation fees – Cancellation fees may apply to any cancellations by the traveller of a service provided by The Operator. Unless otherwise specified, the cancellation policy is as follows: Cancellations for set tours and made more than 48 hours prior to travel receive a full refund; Cancellations for set tours made 48 hours or less prior to travel require the traveller to pay for the tour in full, and no refund will be issued. Cancellations for custom itineraries ("Create Your Own") are as follows:
- 60+ days to departure – Full refund
- 59 - 31 days to departure – 50% cancellation fee
- 30 days and under to departure – 100% cancellation fee
Cancellations by The Operator: They may cancel a tour at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability, or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your tour, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or, alternatively, receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking, including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance, or non-refundable flights.
In the case of customers travelling on a Multi-City Explorer Pass, if a tour is cancelled by The Operator, the traveller will receive a refund for the cost of that trip only, and only if the total value of tours booked with the pass at the end of the 30-day period is less than the total price paid for the pass. If a tour is cancelled by The Operator and the value of the bookings with the pass are equal to or greater than the value of the pass, the traveller will receive a 25% discount on a future single tour booking.
- <p><span lang="VI">Corner of 9th & South Streets, outside New Image Art & Framing</span><span lang="EN-US">. </span><span lang="VI">601 South 9<sup>th</sup> Street</span><span lang="EN-US">, </span><span lang="VI">Philadelphia, PA 1
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely